The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Iron Lady wins twice: Hollywood imitates Australian politics > Comments

The Iron Lady wins twice: Hollywood imitates Australian politics : Comments

By Evelyn Tsitas, published 2/3/2012

It's always been a battle to have people accept that running the country is a job for a woman as equally as it is for a man.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Such a realistic description of Maggy's place in the destruction of things British, & Argentina, Killarney.

Obviously she started all those strikes in the UK. Oh, & I believe she snuck in & sewed those hunger strikers mouths shut, when no one was looking of course.

Then it was cleaver of her to invade the Falkland Islands wearing hundred of Argentinian uniforms, & all single handed.

You lefties really are incredible.

I avoided the movie because of Meryl Strep, her ego overwhelms every part she plays.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 2 March 2012 6:19:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
God. It was anarchy in the UK under Thatcher. I thought she was senile at the height of her powers. Damn the inaccuracy of the IRA!
Posted by Retallick, Friday, 2 March 2012 7:02:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Went and seen the movie, thought it was so so. Should have been in black and white just they way Thatcher seen everything. Totally agree with Killarney about Thatcher. Margie and Ronnie what a double. I think Joh Bjelke Petersen was their love child.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 3 March 2012 8:57:00 AM
Destroying your own colleagues is not a mark of greatness, it is a mark of great cowardice.

And leave Kevin Rudd alone, would you nasty little snark like him to claim he is an unproud father of three.

Is that the worst insult? He is a proud father?

For god's sake, what gives the snakes and snarks the free licence to brutalise someone based on the lies and gossip of stupid little people.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Saturday, 3 March 2012 2:47:14 PM
Roughly in response to Marilyn S ...

To quote Lebanese writer Sharmine Narwani, 'In the dirty game of politics, it is the perception, not the facts of an issue, that invariably wins the day.'

LIkewise, and as this article shows, one of the most popular emerging perceptions of the Rudd-Gillard leadership challenge is that of an embattled feminist role model emerging victorious from yet another patriarchal stoush with a sexist egomaniac. It's a feel-good scenario that bears almost no relationship with the truth, and I doubt if anything much can be done about it.
Posted by Killarney, Sunday, 4 March 2012 11:07:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy