The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Retired with a young family > Comments

Retired with a young family : Comments

By Paul Komarnicki, published 23/2/2012

Frugal living in the Phillipines.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Hear, hear. Give me the frugal life not wage slavery and TV consumer fetishism. Slaving to be punitively taxed by statist culture warriors. Three cheers Mr Komarnicki for your leadership and protection of your child's welfare. Would love to hear more.

CULTURE CLASH:
MONOGAMY VS. POLYANDRY
Speech given by Pat Fagan Ph.Dto the World Congress of
Families in Amsterdam on August 12, 2009

"• In population, the culture of monogamy is fertile and expanding while the culture of polyamory is below replacement and contracting.
• The culture of monogamy is inexpensive while the culture of polyamory is very expensive.

Despite these two seeming “killer conclusions”, and contributing significantly to the tension between the two, whether by happenstance or deliberate design, the culture of polyamory has figured out ITS way to survive and even thrive by controlling three critical areas of public policy, which yield big gains in “converts” from the culture of monogamy to theirs. These three are childhood education, sex education and the control of adolescent health programs.

Controlling these three expands the polyamory culture’s reach into the traditional monogamous culture and gradually dismantles it, especially when aided by the entertainment industry, which today especially, is a very powerful institution aligned with the culture of polyamory with a massive operative bias against the monogamy culture."

http://downloads.frc.org/EF/EF09H36.pdf
Posted by Martin Ibn Warriq, Thursday, 23 February 2012 8:48:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As Mindanao is the JI, pirate and kidnap capital of the Philippines I hope you and yours don't fall victim.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 23 February 2012 12:47:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
the Lord sustains our life, and we trust in His loving Providence.
Posted by SHRODE, Friday, 24 February 2012 11:30:45 AM
Paul Komanicki writes;

"We’ve met only two other Aussies here but everybody who strolls around here and wants to be cheeky just calls me “Hey, Joe” even when I tell them I’m not Joe and there’s no Joe around."

Would one of the Aussies be a Terry B.....by any chance? My friend has built a house in northern Mindanao and will be retiring there shortly.

"My son has done quite well at school and is familiar with his mother’s native tongue, and even tagalog (local language)"

Forgive my pedantry, but may I point out that his mother's tongue would be Visayan, which is spoken all over the southern Philippines. Tagalog is the national Lingua Franca, a mix of all the Filipino dialects and English. Visayan and Tagalog are mutually intelligible.

May I ask if as balikbayan you are applying for citizenship, permanent residence or relying on 12 month visa? What are the respective costs involved? [perhaps you could reply to <extropian@optusnet.com.au> rather than clutter this topic with personal details. Management! May I do this please?]

I can vouch for the eagerness of relatives to share in your great personal wealth. Their needs, if allowed to prosper, are endless and on-going. The excuses for gouging can be acutely inventive.

The AUD is astonishing in its continuing exchange value. When I first went to PI in the late 80s the exhange rate was P17 to the AUD [P13 if I was forced to exchange at the Hotel Copacabana in Baclaran, Manila where my wife and I stayed. The wife is Letenya and speaks Visayan usually]

One of the delights of PI [IMHO] is the local palengke, the market, where everything one could possibly need in the way of basic living can be bought. Invariably, when I exit the plane at NAIA, Manila, the combined aromas of parafin and local cooking grab me and I feel at home. It's not quite so pungent at Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok, but I get the same feeling. As flights between AC and Bangkok are extemely cheap via Cebu Pacific Airlines, I hardly ever visit Manila anymore.
Posted by Extropian1, Saturday, 25 February 2012 10:06:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy