The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Circumcision in Australia: neither needed nor ethical > Comments

Circumcision in Australia: neither needed nor ethical : Comments

By Robert Darby, published 16/1/2012

Surgery that may be permissible when performed on an adult who has given informed consent is not necessarily permissible when imposed on an infant or child.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All
Science has proven beyond the shadow of doubt that circumcision has absolutely no medical benefits. In fact, it is putting the lives of infants at risk as shown in this forum. It is same as tattooing an infant. It should be banned.

The underlying reason of the circumcision advocates is religious, not very much different from those suicide bombers.
Posted by Philip Tang, Monday, 23 January 2012 11:00:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As has been noted already, the preference for circumcision is essentially a religious pre-christian ritual. Interesting then that most religions view the work of Creation to be perfection but then, with unseemly haste after the birth of a boy (sometimes a girl), they seek to improve on the work of the Creator. Leave the children be I say !
Posted by wantok, Monday, 23 January 2012 8:01:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Response to Philip Tang's statement "Science has proven beyond the
shadow of doubt that circumcision has absolutely no medical benefits."

Really? What scientific evidence are you referring to?

In fact it's the exact opposite of what you say -- Science has
proven beyond any reasonable doubt that there are life long health
benefits to being circumcised at birth. In the past 5 or so years,
study after study has shown reduced risk of HIV, HPV, etc.
I'll find some of them for you if you like.
Posted by Jon888, Monday, 23 January 2012 11:53:32 PM
Jon888 you seem to be of some sort of religous faith or ethnic being, to support the abuse of a male infant.
Because you do not have a foreskin, it appears you are demanding that all males should not have one.
None of your arguments prove anything, other than you seem to see pleasure in a brutalised penis! Or envy to those who still have a foreskin!!
Posted by Kipp, Tuesday, 24 January 2012 7:52:15 PM
Kipp, I'm not religious and I'm not sure what you mean about
"ethnic being".

I had a foreskin until my 20's and couldn't wait to get rid of it.
Sex is much better without it.

I wish I had been circumcised at birth.

Sorry, no envy whatsoever to those who sill have a foreskin.
In fact I feel sorry for them because they're missing out on health
benefits.

Words like "abuse" and "brutalised" don't help your argument.

My argument for circumcision is based on scientific evidence.
The evidence is overwhelming concerning the health benefits of
circumcision.
Posted by Jon888, Wednesday, 25 January 2012 12:35:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy