The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The choice illusion > Comments

The choice illusion : Comments

By Paul Russell, published 6/1/2012

With euthanasia there is no real choice for the patient.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
Dear Ojnab

I worry about anyone, without prejudice to their religion or lack thereof, who assumes that Catholic parents are going to hide/deny the Faith and the joy it brings, to their own children. If you love the Catholic teaching, it would be curious not to pass it on.

You worry me for being worried about those wh have as their first principle- life issues.
I am a Labor voter and so am not 'brainwashed' to vote for Tony Abbott because he is a Catholic. But to be fair to Mr Abbott, he ought to be influenced by the natural and moral law tradition found within the Catholic Faith- as we all ought to be ( which incidentially can be discovered ouside of the Church within your very nature and though the proper use of reason. Your prejudice against Mr Abbott mirrors the deep bible belt prejudice against JF Kennedy who was quizzed about what his Catholic Faith would mean to him should be become the President of the United States. Sadly JFK didn't stand up and give a clear answer I feel when he ought to have done. Belloc on the other hand, when he was similarly quizzed in a public forum in the UK, basically told his mainly Protestant audience that he was going to be totally Catholic and that if they didn't like it then not to vote for him and he would cop that sweet. Belloc went on to win in his electorate.
Posted by Webby, Sunday, 5 February 2012 3:35:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*Love and treat one another as we would like ot be treated is a golden rule here*

Exactly, Webby. So you want to deny millions of us that right,
in the name of Catholic dogma. Keep Catholic dogma for believing
Catholics, don't burden the rest of us with it. Shame on the
Catholic Taliban for being so dogmatic and unreasonable, just
like the Taliban.
Posted by Yabby, Sunday, 5 February 2012 4:35:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Let us who wish to have access to Voluntary Euthanasia as a right for us, it being your right to not have VE if you so wish,
it is called choice, but please do not bring the selective reading of the Bible into account, nearly all ministers of religion only read to the congregation the parts they want the audience to hear, not the many killings and slavery etc which are also part of the Bible readings.
I want to end my life the way I want to, it is my life, not yours, so keep out of my space, and I will yours.
Posted by Ojnab, Sunday, 5 February 2012 7:46:03 PM
Hear hear

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Sunday, 5 February 2012 9:30:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy