The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Techniques of internet journalism > Comments

Techniques of internet journalism : Comments

By Evan Whitton, published 4/1/2012

Observations from Amazing Scenes: Adventures of a Reptile of the Press by its author.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
At least two disturbing visions are thrown up by this article. They are "terminal catatonia" and "public service" - which bring up not so fond memories of years wasted - though the money counted all.

I always wonder what happens to all the straitjacketed talent in the Public Service when they retire? Are they in the end revealed talentless or cowered into habitual inarticularity or have they foregone their best years writing revised though unread Ministerial and Parliamentary briefings.

Are these ex Public Servants, unable to chance their hand at internet journalism (the subject of Mr Whitton's article) because terminal catatonia has already set in?

Am I being unkind and overly pessimistic about fellow trogs?

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 4 January 2012 10:01:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“I always wonder what happens to all the straitjacketed talent in the Public Service when they retire”

Plantagenet! Watch, and you’ll find that they while their time writing articles for Online Opinion.
Posted by skeptic, Wednesday, 4 January 2012 8:33:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy