The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Should Qantas be a kangaroo? > Comments

Should Qantas be a kangaroo? : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 6/12/2011

Jumping the fence might be just what Australian needs Qantas to do.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Not necessarly wrong. It is just that we won't have QANTAS as such flying any more, only the offshore subsidiaries of which I am well aware.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Tuesday, 6 December 2011 3:30:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Very well written piece with a pragmatic view of the future of global air commuting. I agree with Bob.M with regard to being cautious about 'pilot greed' etc. This is a business, I personally will fly with anyone who can get me there safely, efficiently and at the best cost.... I do like flying with the kangaroo on the tail tho.
Sarnian... Are you on the right blog here?.... Perhaps you could find an 'occupy' blog somewhere?
Posted by Prompete, Tuesday, 6 December 2011 3:36:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Prompete.
I guess these days people do look at the economy of travel very closely, infact they will drop one carrier for another to save a single $1. The problem is that when you fly you always assume that you are being flown by professionals and thank god that these days many many levels of risk have been removed by the bad experiences of accidents from the past. Unfortunately things still do go wrong and its at these times that all of that experience that I wrote of earlier comes into play. Look at QF32 (The Qantas jet that had the engine explode just last year) on that day each and every one on board that jet was VERY VERY thankful to have some of the most experienced pilots at Qantas aboard to bring them home safely. I ask you this, if that was a new jet with a new airline with far less trained pilots (you do actually get what you pay for there) would the outcome have been anywhere near what it was ...... Fact is when you pay less.... YOU GET LESS wether you think so or not and that includes SAFETY on airlines !
Posted by Bob M, Tuesday, 6 December 2011 3:51:42 PM
I just couldn't resist......yes what animal indeed?......How about something that represents the greedy little Irish leprechaun:) or a green jackass, with the back end of it displaying where all the thinking comes from:) or what about something thatys 5 foot f..k all thats putting his life in danger by blackmail the very poeple that make him and his kind rich:).......see these little insects think they have all the power...lol.....yeah!....not if everyone says stuff ya!...lol.....No I think Qantas is fine the way it is:)........if it knows whats good for it;)

CACTUS
Posted by Cactus..2, Tuesday, 6 December 2011 4:03:01 PM
He says "I vividly remember the great day on which a Qantas 707 took-off from Sydney to take passengers on the inaugural flight right around the world."

Not vividly enough, unfortunately. See http://www.airwaysmuseum.com/Lockheed%20Super%20Connie%20VH-EAO%20Qantas.htm which says

On 14 January 1958 VH-EAO was one of two Super Constellations to depart Melbourne/Essendon on Qantas' inaugural round-the-world service
Posted by jeremy, Tuesday, 6 December 2011 4:14:18 PM
Cactus..2. Oh dear, there goes the posibility of rational or civilised intercourse... Could i possibly refer you to article on todays opinion page entitle 'are australians racist'.. There is NO way i can or would want to acknowledge your submission. Acknowledge your passion tho... So sorry.
Posted by Prompete, Tuesday, 6 December 2011 4:25:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy