The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The voices of the detained > Comments

The voices of the detained : Comments

By Kali Goldstone, published 9/11/2011

Kali Goldstone was contacted by the Afghan Hazara asylum seekers, from Darwin Detention Centre NORTH-I, desperate to be heard by the media, in the hope that their message will impact on the Australian government, its’ policies and its people.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Well, it looks as though that the Afghan lads in Australia don't have any inclination to prevent more so-called refugees going for a boat ride to Australia. It certainly looks more agenda to me than fleeing persecution.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 12 November 2011 7:03:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Please learn our National Anthem in full and note it states "From England, Scotia, Erin's Isle.

I see no mention of cowards who leave their country to the defence of our troops whilst they seek the good life here. If you do not like being checked on then go back to where you came from and fight for your country so that our heroes can come home.

Beneath our radiant southern Cross,
We'll toil with hearts and hands;
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands;
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share;
With courage let us all combine
To advance Australia fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing
"Advance Australia fair!"

While other nations of the globe
Behold us from afar,
We'll rise to high renown and shine
Like our glorious southern star;
From England, Scotia, Erin's Isle,
Who come our lot to share,
Let all combine with heart and hand
To advance Australia fair!
In joyful strains then let us sing
"Advance Australia fair!
Posted by LizzieE, Monday, 14 November 2011 1:50:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy