The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Compromise and policy balance are shaping Gillard’s minority government > Comments

Compromise and policy balance are shaping Gillard’s minority government : Comments

By James English, published 26/9/2011

Nobody’s getting what they want, and it’s causing Gillard grief.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
"If most people are going to be better off, why did the poll produce this result?"

Easy, because they don't believe they ARE going to be better off. Because they have been systematically fed falsehoods on this issue for several years now, and every time one is discovered a new lie is cooked up in record time and served up to take its place. Because the scientists have their snouts in the trough for the first time in decades, and they're not going to relinquish their position in a hurry, so we can expect to hear a lot more lies before it happens.

And because taxes in general are bad. They hamper the economy and reduce choice. They pass our money through the hands of people who have already demonstrated their total incompetence to handle it.

Like they say about diamonds: paying for a tax is forever.
Posted by Jon J, Monday, 26 September 2011 4:45:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If Julia Gillard were to spend a week as a barmaid she'd very quickly realise her erroneous perception of real life. I'd say, get Julia into a real job for a few weeks & she'd probably come up with some sensible policies. I don't like the chances of this happening though.
Posted by individual, Monday, 26 September 2011 6:50:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
...And why fail to mention the overnight decimation of a $350m dollar live cattle trade, a move made to appease the "vegetarian latte" set?
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 26 September 2011 8:24:56 PM
James,

it's your type of spin that everybody except the 'die-hard' labor voters has woken up to. The government's failures and the dysfunctional 'blame Tony' tactic are all too obvious. It's all being absolutely rejected. I think even many of the 'die-hards' know as well but are just to loyal to walk away from the dishonesty that characterises today's 'whatever it takes' labor party.
Posted by imajulianutter, Monday, 26 September 2011 9:04:12 PM
If Mr Rudd can learn his lessons, I believe, his return as Labor Party leader and Prime Minister would indeed be beneficial not only for Labor Party but for Australia.
Posted by Andreas Berg', Tuesday, 27 September 2011 5:24:34 AM
beneficial not only for Labor Party but for Australia.
Andreas Berg,
I cannot fathom how you can still state something like this after all the evidence played out before us.
I'm sure I'm not Robinson Crusoe when I say I simply don't believe I could afford another leftie experiment like that. Australia doesn't have the luxury of time to wait for the ALP to learn their lessons, it simply takes too long & costs too much.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 27 September 2011 6:01:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy