The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Bias on ABC Radio National > Comments

Bias on ABC Radio National : Comments

By Valerie Yule, published 6/9/2011

The 62 presenters on Radio National are being judged on the bias of three or four presenters.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Imajulianutter I have never done a survey on the ABC and bias so I am not sure what you are talking about. I once did an analysis for The Australian of the Drum's online polls using some academic analysis of agendas and came to the conclusion that they were biased in the direction of their audience. No surprise there really. We all cater to our audiences.
Posted by GrahamY, Tuesday, 6 September 2011 9:02:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Valerie Yule

There are may not be many conservative shows on the ABC as some lament, but, has old Aunt ever put a show that can be said to be progressive?

It is undeniably elitist in the exact manner in which was the RAI (Radio Audition Italian) under Mussolini, as I remember.

But, it is the only source of that little news that breaks the culpable silences of the commercial media.
Posted by skeptic, Tuesday, 6 September 2011 9:28:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A couple of months ago I was watching Q&A hosted by Tony Jones.They were discussing AGW amongst other topics.One of the young students who was a AGW believer made the observation that the case for the negative has not been given a fair airing.Tony Jones shut this conversation down instantly,saying this was enough discussion on this topic and moved on.

Tony Jones constantly and emphatically demonstrates his predjudices.
We need to have a separate system of finance for our Govt media that is free from political influence.ie the finance for the ABC be determined by a truely independant board.Also Public servants should not have secure tenure for decades.They all should be on 5 yr contracts and made to work in private enterprise before seeking future contracts with the ABC.

The ABC has an ingrained culture of the "Nanny State", whereby individual responsibility has been replaced by big Govt.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 6 September 2011 10:20:33 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Evan Hadkins, responds to Amicus with .. Michael Duffy and Macca ..

"Michael Duffy presents Counterpoint on Radio National and is a columnist for the Sydney Morning Herald." Which is a bastion of conservatism .. oh wait ..

"worked in the public service for six years, in the Department of Social Security and the NSW Premier's Department. He has been a delegate in two trade unions."

Yep, sounds like a conservative .. not!

Macca runs a music show .. doesn't he? How would you even know what he thought politically.

So there you have it folks, the two "conservatives" thrown up as evidence that Radio National is unbiased. One has been a trade union delegate and journo at the SMH (itself extremely short of conservatives) The other presents a country music program.

Just goes to show just how biased Radio National actually is, and that's the best they can do for balance .. what a joke.
Posted by rpg, Tuesday, 6 September 2011 10:57:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't think rpg could have listened to either of the shows.
Posted by Evan Hadkins, Tuesday, 6 September 2011 10:58:57 PM
One of the best things I have ever seen, on the ABC that is, was the election night show, when Howard won, & kicked Keating out.

It was nothing to do with Howard, or who won, it was the tear in the eye of that commy red head twit from the 7.30 report, or Late line, which ever he was making into a lefty propaganda session at the time.

How anyone could ever consider the ABC biased, I just can't imagine, but the dill was crying.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 6 September 2011 11:10:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy