The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Despite DNA testing, injustices will continue without proper investigation > Comments

Despite DNA testing, injustices will continue without proper investigation : Comments

By Paul Wilson, published 5/2/2003

Paul Wilson argues that DNA evidence is not conclusive enough to be solely relied upon - traditional methods of investigation must also be used properly

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
well i unfortunately have to say that I know the feeling. My boyfriend and three other men have been accused and charged with wilful murder and they are absolutely innocent yet hve spent the last 11 months in custody because they are waiting for trial. not to go into too much detail but there is no DNA, fingerprints,or witnesses that say these men commited this horrendous accusation. i realise the devastation for those wrongly convicted, but people must also spare a thought for those wrongly charged too, because by the time this matter is heard at trial these four innocent men would have spent over a year in prison, and although if they are aquitted at trial no one will compensate for the year that they have lost. Ironically, if you are remanded in custody for a period of time before your trial and are found Guilty, the time already spent in prison is deducted from your total sentence. So one has to ask who is in a better position?

Yours truly
Mirella
Posted by MS, Wednesday, 16 February 2005 7:57:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy