The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Youth voters seek refuge in the Australian Greens > Comments

Youth voters seek refuge in the Australian Greens : Comments

By Kristian Hollins, published 21/7/2011

Now more than ever before, young voters are questioning the information they’re presented, and happy to call ‘bullshit’ when they find it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Loudmouth,
have you ever had work for a day to feed yourself ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 23 July 2011 7:07:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Funnily enough, when I characteised the Greens as a party that appeals principally to young professional women, such as the author, I was told by Morganzola that I was quite wrong and that in fact it is a party that is predominantly older people and that i should stop believing propaganda. I was further told that I would "not last 5 minutes" due to my "attitude to women". I suspect that it's more my attitude to feel-good "bullsh!t" to use the author's delightful term (which she is allowed to use, but I am not, says the filter) that would be the problem.

I recommend this article and the comments that flow from it to my friend Morganzola. Greens functions may be a great place to go to pick up young chicks from well-off families, but it's hardly a party that represents the practical aspirations of the majority.
Posted by Antiseptic, Saturday, 23 July 2011 11:03:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@ Antiseptic:

Heh - sorry I didn't get back to you on that, but the anti-Greens bulldust contingent here have been busy, and I've been busy refuting some of the most obvious lies. From what I can tell I was wrong, in that support seems to be bi-modal - strongly from young people and also a good proportion from ageing baby boomers like me, who grew up in the 60s and 70s and acquired our interest in social justice and environmental matters back in those heady times.

It appears that much of the new support picked up at the last election was from young people, so I stand corrected to that extent. However, like any other political party, most of the senior internal positions and tend to be occupied by middle-class, middle-aged ideologues.
Posted by morganzola, Saturday, 23 July 2011 11:23:42 AM
Morganzola “….ageing baby boomers like me, who grew up in the 60s and 70s and acquired our interest in social justice….”

Ah the great “social justice” justification for failure by those who FAIL on their own merits

Social justice was the excuse given by Lenin when he dispensed summary “Social Justice” on the necks of the kulaks -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenin's_Hanging_Order
Re “Lenin's Hanging Order" was discussed during a controversy about the BBC documentary, Lenin's Secret Files (1997) based upon Robert Service's findings in Soviet archives. This is Service's English translation of the Russian original:
"Comrades! The insurrection of five kulak districts should be pitilessly suppressed. The interests of the whole revolution require this because 'the last decisive battle' with the kulaks is now under way everywhere. An example must be demonstrated.
• 1. Hang (and make sure that the hanging takes place in full view of the people) no fewer than one hundred known landlords, rich men, bloodsuckers.
• 2. Publish their names.
• 3. Seize all their grain from them.
• 4. Designate hostages in accordance with yesterday's telegram.
• Do it in such a fashion that for hundreds of kilometres around the people might see, tremble, know, shout: "they are strangling, and will strangle to death, the bloodsucking kulaks".
Telegraph receipt and implementation.
Yours, Lenin.

Yep, them Bolsheviks knew how to hand out “Social Justice” like few others

I much prefer natural justice and individual merit…

Social Justice is too subjective to risk…. Especially when people like Lenin pop up so often in positions of leftard authority
Posted by Col Rouge, Saturday, 23 July 2011 3:40:00 PM
Col, in the interest of balance, I post the following article from that great protector of other people's interests, the Guardian.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8655106/Im-starting-to-think-that-the-Left-might-actually-be-right.html

"The greatest capitalist country in history is now dependent on other people’s capital to survive."

Hard to argue against, I'm sure you'd agree. Does this represent the triumph of the command economies, or is it a natural progression in the inevitably triumphal march of Capitalism, blind to the purveyors of the creed?
Posted by Antiseptic, Saturday, 23 July 2011 11:40:50 PM
@ Antiseptic:

Thanks for that - a good article that does indeed look like it should've been in the Guardian, rather than the UK Telegraph. Don't I recall Col informing us that the Tele is one of his preferred news sources?

As for Col's intemperate and typically dishonest rant - yes, it is well known that Lenin was responsible for all sorts of heinous crimes against humanity. However, what on earth has it to do with 'Social Justice', which is one of the better contributions made to our culture by some forms of Christianity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice

I suppose Jesus was a Bolshevik too?

He really doesn't do his argument any favours by posting such easily-refuted lies, does he?
Posted by morganzola, Sunday, 24 July 2011 7:25:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy