The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Project Bantu: refugee youth finding their way through Capoeira Angola > Comments

Project Bantu: refugee youth finding their way through Capoeira Angola : Comments

By Kali Goldstone and Raphael Brasil, published 21/6/2011

A holistic approach to refugee resettlement in Australia through Afro-Brazilian culture.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
morgonzola,
Why do feel the need to expect others to stop protecting & forfeit what they have worked for ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 23 June 2011 6:25:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I feel truly saddened reading some of the comments to this story, which was written to give a voice to those who struggle to be heard. If it is true that a society should be judged on how it treats its most vulnerable members, Australia would unfortunately be judged to be a cruel and ignorant place, similar to many of these comments.

All I can feel about these comments is pity and sorrow, because the people who wrote them obviously still live in a world where people are judged by the colour of their skin - I really hope one day that you can open your eyes and see the world for the place that it truly is, where love is so much more powerful than hate.

Thank you Raphael and Kali, for shining some much needed light on what is clearly still a very dark and threatening topic for so many Australians.

PS to everyone here who speaks about "importing" people, never forget about the power of language, and how hurt you would be if someone spoke about a member of your family as a commodity divorced from any sense of human feeling.
Posted by ausinbrazil, Thursday, 23 June 2011 10:04:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ausinbrazil,
If you understand what Project Bantu is about and exactly what it does in clas, please let me know.

An explanation would be good. Up until now it has just be incoherent waffle by the aythors.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 23 June 2011 4:59:11 PM
To ausinbrazil.

Are you an ausinbrazil, or a brazilwhowantstoliveinoz?

If you are the latter, then I can well understand why you would want to flee your extremely violent country and come in live in my country. But I prefer that my country takes white people and not hispanics, because I can see what large scale hispanic immigration has done to America. There are enough violent cultures resident in my country today, and I would like to slow down the rate at which my suburbs are being turned into war zones.

I hear that things are so bad in Brazil with crime, that the police routinely shoot any criminal who becomes too much of a problem, and most of the population are happy about that, because violent crime in Brazil is right out of control. I think that the reason why crime is out of control in Brazil is because Brazil is full of Brazillians, and the reason why crime is not yet out of control in Australia is because Australians still outnumber crime prone and welfare dependent minorities that are causing most of the trouble in Australia.

So spare me the weepy moralising, because I am only concerned with the safety and security of my own people. Only a few months ago, a Sudanese man who had only been in Australia for four weeks, was convicted of going on a rampage sexually assaulting Australian women. He topped his performance by cutting a 60 year old womans throat.

He is now been sentenced to 17 years jail. That is 17 years at $70,000 dollars to support a maximum security prisonor. What was the cost/benefit analysis on that deal for Australia? We had a case here of a yugoslav drug addict housebreaker who we deported to Belgrade, who had an army of do gooders crying for him so much, that he is now back in Australia on a publically funded drugs program.

With imports like that, I wonder how long before Australia turns into Brazil?
Posted by LEGO, Friday, 24 June 2011 6:38:45 AM
"importing"
ausinbrazil,
well, we're not exporting are we ? In any case this is a term merely used figuratively. Much in the same way the stupid use the term racist in describing us. Did you read what Lego wrote ? Did it sink in ? Some of it must have because you nor others haven't come back screaming racist or redneck.
I concur with Lego the reason why we are still a reasonable mob is because we're not so overpopulated as to not being able to control the masses like in your adopted land. It is this over population that is the crux of mankind's Nr1 problem because it is only overpopulation which causes the step by step decline of everything mankind. It's futile to simply accuse people as racist/rednecks simply because they care but do nothing to improve the situation.
Posted by individual, Friday, 24 June 2011 7:04:01 AM
@ individual:

If what people are "protecting" and have "worked for" is a "white" Australia, then they should expect to be challenged by those of us who realise that notions of "race" serve only to create conflict. Australia has done well to shed the 19th century racial ideologies that have no place in the 21st century world, but there are evidently some "out and proud" racists who persist in trying to turn back the clock.

With respect to your response to ausinbrazil, are you being deliberately ignorant or do you really not understand their point about the dehumanising aspects of such language? One gets the impression that you deliberately set out to offend those with whom you disagree.
Posted by morganzola, Friday, 24 June 2011 8:44:54 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy