The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The pitfalls of third party power... > Comments

The pitfalls of third party power... : Comments

By Zach Davis-Hancock, published 16/6/2011

Can protest parties hold their vote when they suddenly become parties in power?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
As a self-declared 'Coalition Adviser' Zach managed to keep the piece reasonably factual and balanced. It was only in the last paragraph that the clapped-out cliche made an appearance: the poor tired old 'faceless men'. Talk about lazy writing, 50 or 60 years on.

And please: Paul Howes has been called many things, but never 'faceless'. Many in the ALP might wish he would fade into the 'smoky backroom' (to use another of the available cliches), but he is more 'in your face' than faceless.

The lesson: avoid tainting otherwise solid pieces with gratuitous, dated and irrelevant barbs if you want to be taken seriously.
Posted by Ozlabyrinth, Thursday, 16 June 2011 9:34:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Let me guess- an employee of the Liberal party is upset that parties other than the liberal party are getting votes.

Nothing to see here.
Posted by King Hazza, Thursday, 16 June 2011 12:38:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I believe a standing ovation is in order for

*Bob Katter*

And whilst in advance I note that I do not concur with everything he has to say, his insightful and detailed comments re:The Original Australians, Jobs, Banks, The Economy in the Bush and their Title to Land on Q&A recently were highly appreciated by me and I hope others as well..

*Well done in that matter, Big Bob Katter!*

The ongoing remnants of the oppressive mechanism of the "Transplanted Genocidal Pom" should not be tolerated, condoned, OR hidden from public scrutiny.

I would add that it is of not insignificant concern to me that some State Departments are, in my view, not appropriately obtaining "informed legal consent" to the standards of the Judiciary, as they are not providing accredited translations for non-Australian english speakers, nor are they providing accredited interpretations for their "Legal Consent" forms.

Departments of Education and Health general guidelines are sub standard .. and this appears to be one of those mirky areas where government practice does not appear to appropriately reflect the reality of the law.

So much has been lost, but there is much that still may be salvaged in terms of linguistics, which in turn can be harvested in terms of understanding the many and varied ways that meaning can be emparted.

This in turn leads to new and different ways of considering things, and thus does become an additional tool in the the noble pursuit of evidencing fact by way of the scientific method.
Posted by DreamOn, Thursday, 16 June 2011 2:10:21 PM
The Greens, independants and labor coalition has produced the most inept and chaotic government this country has ever seen, Whitlam included.

Why did Windsor and Oakshott vote against the majority of members of parliament today, when they voted against abandoning the 'deal' with Malaysia?

It's time for them all to resign.
Posted by imajulianutter, Thursday, 16 June 2011 4:47:30 PM
We would be better of with a hung parliment then end up with a totally inept parlimentary system which is unable to decide anything without consulting everyone, except the ones that count, The people,
Get rid of preference votes!
Posted by MickC, Thursday, 16 June 2011 5:56:00 PM
What a great idea.

We'd never ever get another Bob Brown as PM.
Posted by imajulianutter, Friday, 17 June 2011 7:50:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy