The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > I like cats but ... > Comments

I like cats but ... : Comments

By Geoff Aigner, published 3/6/2011

wouldn't say I feel sorry for Liberal Senator David Bushby but I can understand what happened to him.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Pericles,
Just think of the ex Prime Ministers, they cost us over a hundred million over 25 years. Why do we allow this madness to continue ? Is there any way we, the people, could demand a referendum before the next election ?
No one on the public purse should be on more than twice the average wage. Imagine how well an infrastructure we could have & quite possibly a very green one at that. No need for that arrogant Dill's new tax.
Posted by individual, Friday, 3 June 2011 2:22:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm with Pericles and individual on this.

Even Latham picks up around $70k a year and look what a rocket scientist he turned out to be.

The immaturity on display by all sides is astounding.
Posted by Neutral, Friday, 3 June 2011 6:21:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I had only vaguely heard about the 'meow' sound made by Senator Bushby when Penny Wong was addressing parliament, so I looked it up today :

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2011/06/03/235001_tasmania-news.html

It seems like a typical day in Parliament to me, with all sides trying to rile the others.

Penny Wong is a strong, independent, very intelligent woman, and is thus a threat to many of the weak males in Parliament.

"She said she was surprised the incident had caused such a fuss, but refused to back away from challenging sexist language in politics.
"Sometimes you need to name what's happening, whether it's 'making an honest woman' of the prime minister or 'when it comes to Julia no doesn't really mean no'," Senator Wong said, singling out comments Mr Abbott has made in the past."

Penny is right to comment on the current sexist language used so often by the politicians in the Liberal Party, with their Abbott being the most notorious for this gutter politics.
Posted by suzeonline, Saturday, 4 June 2011 2:02:38 PM
"Just think of the ex Prime Ministers, they cost us over a hundred million over 25 years"

Looks like it pays well:) Maybe I should run for MP.........mmmmmm

LEA:)
Posted by Quantumleap, Saturday, 4 June 2011 10:19:37 PM
This sounds like it was written by Fractelle. Anyone who disagreed with her and said anything the least bit unkind was apparently depriving her of her right to make decisions too.
Posted by benk, Sunday, 5 June 2011 6:58:35 AM
Looks like it pays well:) Maybe I should run for MP.........mmmmmm
Quantumleap,
All you have to do is praise Labor no matter how much crap they throw at you, then join the Public Service & use the Peter Principle for promotion & presto, you'll get a great pension too.
If you have an ounce of integrity join the coalition & if you you have 2 ounces of integrity go into small business.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 5 June 2011 3:43:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy