The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > State sponsored persecution > Comments

State sponsored persecution : Comments

By Bruce Haigh, published 12/5/2011

Why are asylum seekers arriving by boat, rather than plane, being persecuted by the Australian government?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
The real question that Bruce conveniently ignores is why are so many who can't afford a people smuggler discrimminated against as they wait to come here legally. I know some of my friends relatives are in this category and they don't understand how our Government could be so gullible or deceitful in order to appease the UN.
Posted by runner, Friday, 13 May 2011 12:48:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indeed Otokonoko, there's nothing short of a treasure trove of silliness in Bruce's rant.

And on the note of Secular Australia being a 'cesspit' (to which religious leaders are apparently above according to Bruce);
I must say I find it amusing, and would imagine it alone says a lot about Bruce and his views.

Makes you wonder why he threw it in
(well, I know why *I* would mention a secular community into a refugee debate- but wonder how Bruce sees it (aside from disgust)).
Posted by King Hazza, Sunday, 15 May 2011 11:08:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why should we ignore Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, instead throwing billions at providing safe, well-equipped, above-standard housing for illegal immigrants (who have committed a criminal offense by merely arriving)? Everyone who arrives illegally should be deported, 'nough said.

I have zero time for the enormous disparity between the spending on illegal immigrants and Indigenous Australian's. The second deserve help (by virtue of being here legally, if nothing else), while the others do not. By jumping the queue they have prevented other, more deserving, potential immigrants (often also refugees) from coming here legally. While we continue to mollycoddle them, they'll keep coming.
Posted by Custard, Monday, 16 May 2011 5:36:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy