The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Osama Bin Laden, dead and alive > Comments

Osama Bin Laden, dead and alive : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 2/5/2011

Bin Laden dead will very much be a living thing for the revolution he has created.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
The world is a better place without Osama.

May he reside in hell eating uncooked pork.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 2 May 2011 6:49:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Binoy,

I guess this will start a batch of similar articles on this subject, many no doubt more contentious than yours however, in reading your article I developed a sense of unease. On subsequent readings I could not help feeling distinctly alarmed at its tone.

Nothing to which you allude would be news to anyone. There are no expectations that BL’s death will end terrorism, yes he will be a martyr to his followers, yes it may prompt more evil deeds, no, his absence will not impact the movement he created and no, it does not need him for it to continue.

What find disturbing is your trivialization of western values, the need most Western societies have for a sense of justice, for many a sense of closure, particularly Australians that continue to grieve for the Bali atrocities, for those still fighting terrorism from the front line in Afghanistan to which you refer as “blood letting savagery”.

There are many who will find your article very disturbing and I am one of them.

I sense you do not share the Australian values I hold so dear. I’m not sure if this is due to your cultural origins, but your value system seeps through your article like a bad stain.

Recent events in the M.E. will eventually reduce the number of available host nations for terrorism, this strike confirms the ability of the West to strike almost at will against “safe havens” and the death of BL is a small but valuable token of justice.

The fact that you now teach in an Australian education facility is, in the end, the most disturbing aspect of all.

I think your article is offensive and believe me, I am very thick skinned. It is offensive because there is an utter lack of sensitivity or any understanding of what it means to Australians to embrace fair go values for all those who will carry for the rest of their lives, the scars and pain inflicted by terrorism.

You can crawl back under your rock now and please take that bad smell with you.
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 2 May 2011 6:57:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gee, one really gets the impression from reading Binoy Kampmark's article, that he really is sad that bin Laden is dead.

The thrust of his article is that, while bin Laden might be gone, it will not make any difference to anything. Well, he might be right, but the death of an enemy leader is still something that is usually rejoiced in by his enemies, and usually considered a crushing blow to his supporters.

Perhaps Binoy is one of those who is crushed?

I would love to know where this Binoy character lives. London to
a brick, that he is another western despising foreigner who chooses to live in the west, among the very people he despises.

Bin Laden's death sends a message to every terrorist that nobody is beyond our reach, and being a terrorist leader is defintely a health hazard.
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 2 May 2011 7:03:44 PM
Who ever the authority - what ever the reason - state sponspored murder is nothing to crow about.

Virgil
Posted by Virgil, Monday, 2 May 2011 7:07:25 PM
Bin Laden's death sends a message to every terrorist that nobody is beyond our reach, and being a terrorist leader is defintely a health hazard.
LEGO,
How much more evidence do you require before you see that taking a risk, let alone volunteering to become a suicide bomber is no deterrent for these poor brainwashed people.
To them believing in a fantastic afterlife is like the promise of more money to a bureaucrat who'll turn a blind eye to injustice or incompetence. i'd put into the same category. They both destroy peoples' lives.
Posted by individual, Monday, 2 May 2011 7:32:55 PM
The Americans say that they asked him to surrendor, but he refused,
so they shot him.

I wouldn't know but I would bet they did not want him alive as it
could cost the lives of hundreds of innocents with repeated hostage
taking to force his release.

When dealing with the likes of these, the rules change.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 3 May 2011 12:26:14 AM
Hey Virgil, CAAAAAAAAAAW, CAAAAAAAAAAAAW, CAAAAAAAAAAAAW.

Ding dong, the witch is dead
Which old witch, the wicked witch
Ding dong the wicked witch is dead.
Hi ho the dairy oh
Sing it high, sing it low
Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead.
He has gone where the goblins go
Below, below, below
Ho ho, ho ho ho ho ho ho.
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 3 May 2011 4:54:03 AM
Dear "Individual".

While the Islamic world will never run out of people with IQ's of 70, who really do believe that being a suicide bomber will get them 70 virgins in the afterlife, it is a different matter for the terrorism industry to find leaders.

These characters have all the money, power and sex they want, and though they know that they are Allah's favourites, they prefer not to join him in heaven just yet. What is so interesting about the war in Afghanistan, is that so many terrorist leaders have been either been squished, are staring glumly out of their jail cells in Gitmo, or are hiding under rocks in fear of Predator drones and Navy SEALs.

But I know how you feel. You hate the USA so much that you have to find something, anything, to try and negate the wonderful victory which the USA has won by killing bin Laden
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 3 May 2011 5:04:49 AM
Well it's inevitable that terrorists will resort to reprisal attacks- and terrorism will continue as normal (minus AQ's top planner).

Having said that, I'm still quite happy he's dead.

I'd say if we ditched Afghanistan there would be very little terrorists abroad would have to attack us over now that the "get out of Saudi Arabia" mastermind is toast.
Posted by King Hazza, Tuesday, 3 May 2011 10:35:12 AM
I agree Bazza. Death was the best option.
Way to much trouble alive. A living focus for every crackpot to try to get him free.
I can't agree that the death of an organisations leader at the hand of his sworn enemy is somehow going to lead to a triumphant win by his supporting terrorists. For al qaeda to continue as an organisation without a living head is extremely unlikely. It and it's offshoots will fry and frizzle. Who'd want to be part of an organisation where the leaders, don't do the dirty work, but end up dead in their opulent hideaways, anyway. Some inspiration.

Terrorists and in particular suicide bombers are basically just simple cowards who reap the rewards they sow.

So now that the yanks made sure, even after 10 years, binny baby has got his, the yanks will be asking 'who's next?'.
Posted by keith, Tuesday, 3 May 2011 5:13:52 PM
wonderful victory which the USA has won by killing bin Laden.
LEGO,
A victory is celebrated when it is a victory. Killing Bin Laden wasn't a victory as such, it was quenching the thirst of reprisal after the frustration of ten years of spending billions. That's sad. I will accept this killing as a victory if I see an improvement in their & our masses' mentality but not before. It can count as a victory if terrorism eases but I'm afraid this was merely a catalyst for more
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 6:50:38 PM
Is there any proof that Osama Bin Laden is dead?
And excluding the US's propaganda campaign.
Posted by creep, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 7:21:07 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he'd made a deal with US.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 8:09:50 PM
Yes Creep, he is dead. I got an email from him saying it is hot and
there are no virgins there.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 5 May 2011 7:55:51 AM
Bazz,
Interesting. Could you ask him what the percentage is there in Labor/Liberal Politicians ?
:-)
Posted by individual, Thursday, 5 May 2011 11:54:10 AM
Individual;
I don't know about lib/labs but apparently there was a mix
up and he was given 72 vegans.
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 7 May 2011 5:25:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy