The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Heritage road > Comments

Heritage road : Comments

By David Leigh, published 29/4/2011

When it comes to indigenous affairs, sorry is not enough.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
Jewely,

What rules ? The rules of evidence. You can't just assert and expect it to be believed - you have to provide some sort of back-up.

I wonder though, when you write -

" ... I wish I lived in this world you’ve made where the native peeps were always treated with dignity and respect and lived lives where love ruled the races and children were only removed reluctantly for their own good by the nicest and kindest of folk."

- do you actually ever read what other people write ? What don't you understand about the implications of 'destitution' ? Do you know what the word means ? Can you begin to imagine its dreadful effects on the most neglected and excluded population in this country ? Life and death matters ? The effects on family stability ?

I guess it's no wonder you would prefer to just skip over the fields, singing " ... La la lalala la la lalala la… oh crap I tripped over an ancient artifact... lala la la lalala la..."

Here's a serious question: since, I believe, you come from New Zealand, have you ever heard of, or can you imagine, the forced removal of Maori children, in order to bring them up as Pakeha ? Does that strike you as a bit fanciful ? Wouldn't you expect a person asserting this to come up with some evidence ? Cases ? Even just names ?

But carry on, dear, singing " ... La la lalala la la lalala la… oh crap I tripped over an ancient artifact... lala la la lalala la..."

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 11:21:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy