The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Never Let Me Go: the organ donation debate continues > Comments

Never Let Me Go: the organ donation debate continues : Comments

By Evelyn Tsitas, published 30/3/2011

Ishiguro's movie is a love triangle about young people who just happen to be clones created in a laboratory and raised in order to provide their organs to severely ill patients.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
There is no need to generate an entire body for organs, an individuals own organs will be able to be produced in the laboratory from their own stem cells.

http://www.ted.com/talks/anthony_atala_printing_a_human_kidney.html
Posted by Stezza, Wednesday, 30 March 2011 9:45:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Unfortunately Stezza, most people requiring new organs don't have the time to wait for new organs to be grown...they will die before they are ready.

At the end of the day, many people won't be comfortable with offering to go on a donor register unless they are involved personally with someone requiring a donor organ.

They just don't realise the extreme sadness of relatives and friends watching their loved ones die for lack of donor organs.
Posted by suzeonline, Wednesday, 30 March 2011 11:01:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loadmouth....we may need to re-open the euthanasia bill, which is under way by someone I wont mention, and thanks to our persistence in the matter:)...the world has just turned just once more. ( pat your self on the back ) well forte for..

But full thanks to all that thinks there is life, when life as ended for someone we loved. see, that's real humanity.

TOP marks for this thread.

LEAP
Posted by Quantumleap, Thursday, 31 March 2011 11:46:32 PM
Besides everything talked about in the article can someone tell me who harvests your organs if you are a registered donor if you do not die in a hospital? Maybe even if you do?

I’d like to know what they charge for the service as well if possible or how the organs are donated/requested. I’ve googled lots and can find none of the information beyond the hearts and flowers stuff about what a good thing it is to do for others.
Posted by Jewely, Friday, 1 April 2011 2:45:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy