The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The girl who kicked the AFL > Comments

The girl who kicked the AFL : Comments

By Evelyn Tsitas, published 10/3/2011

Attitudes to the 'St Kilda School' girl depend on what sort of pants you wear.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I never heard any men complaining about footballers hanging over the top of toilet cubicles taking photos they had no permission to take in the John’s case. No doubt handing them around in the lockyer rooms etc. (displaying them publically) later on. Oh! The outrage when a mere slip of a girl does the same to the footballers. There wasn’t too much spitting of the dummy by men either when Brendan Fevolla posted pictures he had no permission to reveal to the public on the internet.

True two wrongs don’t make a right. But then it wasn’t treated as too much of a wrong when it was done to the women so that is why women now can’t help thinking there is a bit of poetic justice in this sorry case and they also notice the different reaction by males in general when it is they who are on the receiving end.

What were these men doing alone in rooms with this girl, obviously it is their fault because they shouldn’t have put themselves in compromising sexual situations. At least that was the verdict in the John’s case when it applied to the woman victim. Sorry fellows you laid down the rules in these cases. It’s the ones who are set up in a compromising situation who are guilty, so in this case, by those rules, it must be the footballers who are at fault. Or is your double standard showing?
Posted by CHERFUL, Friday, 11 March 2011 11:10:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Who paid for her trip to meet these blokes interstate, that could be a deciding factor.
They would have known she was not 19 yo, what is a nineteen yo doing at that school.
Probably getting her interstate was the cheaper alternative, than employing a girl local.
I think what upset the balance was after arrival, she was confronted by a gang , this was not one on one.
Posted by a597, Saturday, 12 March 2011 12:39:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cherful

You are one nasty piece of work.

No-one claimed that it was ok to take naked photos of Lara Bingle without her permission. No-one claims that it is ok to post naked photos of Nick Riewoldt without his permission. Where is the double-standard?
Posted by benk, Saturday, 12 March 2011 7:10:31 PM
Cherful,

The girl admitted she wasn't there when the pictures were taken.
Posted by Otokonoko, Sunday, 13 March 2011 3:42:55 PM
BENK <cherful you are a nasty piece of work)

How do you explain the Johns fellow apologizing to Claire for all the other players in the room on National Television. Sounds like an admission of guilt to me. And it’s not second hand, I saw the news bulletin and heard him say that with my own ears.

The point I am making is that these footballers deliberately set this girl up in a compromising situation so she is the one that looks guilty. They knew very well this is the way it would appear when they planned it.

Whether these blokes the 17year old girl set up to look compromised are guilty or not is not what I am debating here it is this article which says women feel there is a double standard in the male media when reporting this case and other cases involving football sex scandals. Because whenever they set a girl up to look compromised it is never their fault but suddenly when this girl sets them up to look compromised regardless of how she has done it the male media and males in general don’t like it one bit.

The crucial factor is the deliberate planning to make someone look compromised in a way that is hard for them to refute.

The football clubs and a lot of rapists who walk free in our society a la Mrs Brimble are quilty of this. The woman who wrote this article and women in general have every right to feel the footballers needed a bit of their own medicine dished out to them. How did this girl get this kind of access to their room and their computer anyway. Certainly looks compromising to me.

Nasty footballers.
Posted by CHERFUL, Monday, 14 March 2011 12:47:31 AM
CHEZZA,

I think you've got your cases mixed up. The toilet cubicle was 3 broncos players I think. There are so many it's hard to keep up.

I remember the girl thought in that instance she was going into the men's toilet in a nightclub for a cup of milo according to many commentators.

'I never heard any men complaining about footballers...'

And they haven't complained about this 'poor troubled girl' either. The Football code administrations punish their employees for social behaviour outside of work hours too.

'Oh! The outrage when a mere slip of a girl does the same to the footballers.'

There is no outrage. There is ONLY outrage at the double standards of painting this girl as a victim. LAra Bingle affair; Player at fault(good). StKilda girl affair; Player still at fault. Shorthand; Women is always the victim.

'There wasn’t too much spitting of the dummy by men either when Brendan Fevolla posted pictures he had no permission to reveal to the public on the internet.'

No there wasn't. And there wouldn't be here either if people weren't painting the girl as such a victim.

'What were these men doing alone in rooms with this girl, obviously it is their fault because they shouldn’t have put themselves in compromising sexual situations'

Does that argument stand for when women are raped too? For Lara Bingle? Sounds like we have another double standard!

'How do you explain the Johns fellow apologising to Claire for all the other players in the room on National Television. '

Media pressure.

It seems nobody thinks women enjoy or willingly participate in group sex. Did you know 'Claire' was rejecting some players based on their looks and summoning others forward? It was the topic of jokes about the rejected players.

'The crucial factor is the deliberate planning to make someone look compromised in a way that is hard for them to refute.'

Where has this happened? Not much deliberate planning in getting pissed of your head and seeing someone you fancy and putting your career on the line for having sex with them.
Posted by Houellebecq, Monday, 14 March 2011 10:10:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy