The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hell, Holy Land holidays and hope > Comments

Hell, Holy Land holidays and hope : Comments

By Alan Matheson, published 4/3/2011

A pilgrimage to Israel with no purpose but pleasure serves no heavenly purpose.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I think the author may be confused about what a "holiday" is.

>>There's no such thing as a 'neutral' Holy Land holiday. You're either a part of the machinery of oppression and struggle, or an agent of solidarity and hope.<<

If I travel to Cyprus, must I choose between the Greeks and the Turks? Or can I just go there for a holiday, and appreciate the sheer history of the place.

If I were to visit Moscow, would Mr Matheson require me to protest the plight of Chechnya? Or would it be "deceptive and dishonest" to just visit the Tretyakov Gallery.

Since the tour organizers are clearly not actively misrepresenting the experience available to participants, this is a nonsense angle from which to approach a serious issue.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 4 March 2011 12:02:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wow! The lack of empathy for the Palestinians is palpable.
Posted by McReal, Friday, 4 March 2011 3:16:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I reckon its a blessing for the Palestinians that groups of well-off, religiously deranged people are kept away from them.

At least, while these tourist are in a luxury hotel or ritzy shop they aren't spruiking about or imposing their gigantic fraud on gullible people.

http://dangerouscreation.com
Posted by David G, Saturday, 5 March 2011 6:41:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"You're either a part of the machinery of oppression and struggle, or an agent of solidarity and hope."

or you're just visiting for your own personal reasons and are neutral to everything else.

These "you either do it my way or you're bad" rants are becoming very popular aren't they?
Posted by rpg, Saturday, 5 March 2011 8:36:37 AM
"The St.James Institute group, after visiting the Knesset, the Israeli Museum and Yad Vashem, will gently nod off to sleep, undisturbed by the cries and anguish of another Palestinian family whose house has been demolished down the street" remarks the pious,progressive Alan.

A highly offensive and surprising remark, denoting a complete lack of compassion ,as Yad Vashem of course is the memorial and museum relating to the millions of Jews butchered during WW2,but of course as soon as any reference is made to the Holocaust,the progressives come out of the woodwork in attack mode.

Why not just opt out of that tour if its all too boring and repetitive,nobody is forcing him.

As Alan is obviously prejudiced against Israel and by proxy,the Jews,then why bother to visit Israel at all?

The world will be none the worse off if Alan keeps his silly musings to himself.
Posted by mik, Monday, 7 March 2011 12:26:26 PM
How gullible are we... I mean really?

Julia can tax us into hessian sacks over carbon - we deserve it as defenders of creatures like Andrew Bolt.

But this business of our first, female, free-thinking, fornicating, foresaken-of-soul flabberboots wallowing in Christian flatulence is beyond the pale.

Bigoteer Jim Wallet's is just a pathetic little man. Do the right thing by women - not the Politically Correct thing.
Posted by Firesnake, Sunday, 27 March 2011 10:24:03 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy