The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Racism increasing in modern Australia > Comments

Racism increasing in modern Australia : Comments

By Lucas Walsh, published 2/3/2011

Disharmony about the treatment of migrants and refugees sends the wrong message to youth

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Unless you actually know somebody personally, how can you say that they are incompetent? And if they are occupying a position to your detriment, doesn't that suggest resentment directed at the position rather than at the individual? Which is why the race issue stirs up such vitriol. Its because some people don't like being told what to think or rather that their views are offensive.
Posted by jjplug, Friday, 4 March 2011 8:58:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David Jennings you do realize some of the people in this thread who criticized the original author, are actually "academics" themselves?
Posted by King Hazza, Saturday, 5 March 2011 10:32:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are kidding? They are academics? At a university like me or at a "university" of the Dawkins variety?

Either way, the author wrote a good article and his critics are nonsensical.
Posted by David Jennings, Saturday, 5 March 2011 10:56:38 AM
David Jennings, I'll tell you about racism in Australia.
I am Indian born. I have NEVER experienced any racist jibes or attitudes in the 45 years I have been in this lovely country.
I have spoken to many Africans from different parts of Africa. None ever reported any racist attitudes. Speak to any Malays, Indons,Indians, Islanders, Chinese or Viets and yo will alays get similar responses. I see Chinese girls arm in arm with Assie blokes, and many male Chinese blokes with Aussie girls. Happy as Larry. See if you ever find any Muslim girls with Aussie men or vice versa. Everyone else is happy to be here and share communal happiness and the material benefits the country has to offer. Who do we hear shouting that this country belongs to Allah and everyone must come under sharia law. These people hate democracy and parliamentary rule. Who are the racists?

socratease
Posted by socratease, Saturday, 5 March 2011 1:36:29 PM
Take legal action against the parents Hasbeen as they are the guilty party.
Posted by weareunique, Sunday, 6 March 2011 1:49:04 AM
Lucas, it was a Lebanese related year for me during 2010!

Just some of my experiences to share regarding some Australians born here and overseas of Lebanese origins.

A vehicle purchased last year that had most of the original parts stripped of it [yet the r.t.a had passed it along with the REVS check]after the Bankstown and nearby suburban AFP busts into re-birthing.

A robbery in which two Australians of Lebanese origins led the ring. I was ambushed a fortnight before Christmas by three older adults in a country city just on dusk.

A physical though non-sexual assault on one of my family members in public a year ago, randomly attacked, and not caused by my family member. These were two unknown male young offenders of Lebanese origins.

An attempted robbery of my handbag early last year by an Australian of Lebanese origins in a different location. I caught his hand as he made a grab. The guy's profile is known to the Centre.

A high profile business closed down that was highly profitable in our Country City as a result of their offspring caught and charged with a crime committed in a gang.

Extensive, significant ongoing theft running into millions of dollars carried out by Australians of Lebanese origin to fund their drug supplying businesses from interstate. Close neighbours and businesses have suffered over the past three years at the hands of Australians from Lebanese origins' high category interstate theft.

By the way, it should be noted that I work and am friends with people of Lebanese origins.

Sure, these incidents occur frequently to many people in cities by both born and bred Aussies with no Lebanese background, some people with different nationalities, yet in this Country city and state, for over 30 years, my family and self had never experienced problems with any Australians from other overseas backgrounds.

Ironically, none of the above incidents are linked over the past year, as no complaints lodged, although major things tend to come in threes with me!
Posted by weareunique, Sunday, 6 March 2011 2:54:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy