The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > In defense of multiculturalism > Comments

In defense of multiculturalism : Comments

By Dilan Thampapillai, published 22/2/2011

Scott Morrison may be given the benefit of the doubt on racism, but he needs lessons in etiquette.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Thank You for your attempt at RACISM - Its so commonplace. However, I prefer TRUTH.
The poem written by Brenda Krenus, Form 3, Richmond High, Victoria is
a racist tirade against the state of Victoria, one of the most racially tolerant states in the World where such a poem is totally misplaced. It laughs in the face of the quality free education Richmond high is giving this student. Most likely some older person, like you, with political and racist motivations is egging this student on :

"If my suit was coloured red
And my beard was coloured white,
Would you believe in Santa
Or Jihad against me with all your might?

If you sucked up to a Conroy Politician
And paid him more than me,
Would I vote against multicultural law
When he says we need more?

If Australia's roads are all clogged up
And hospital emergencies too,
Would you try to fit more people in
to sharpen your racist tool.

If the outback was forever dry
And the wildlife no longer there,
Would you bring it back to life
With more of your countrymen and the poor.

If over 50% of foreign borns got together
And made Australia like the world,
Would it be multiculture prone
Or a Balkan state Vendetta zone

If men are truly brothers
And women could refrain
Why can't we slow the rate of growth
With quality life & not racist oath
Posted by KAEP, Friday, 25 February 2011 4:59:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steven:

No one is saying that all people with white skin invented racism. Nor that they are the only practitioners thereof. However, you have to admit that some are racists. I gave the young student's poem - because it was what she had actually experienced - and it was by way of reply to KAEP's poem (that preceded my post). Skin colour is often irrelevant to bigots as you point out (although I'm sure that some who have suffered because of colour - would disagree with you) - and I don't need to ask any survivors of the Nazi concentration camps. I have enough relatives who survived the Soviet secret police. However, as we both know there were also, of course, numerous courageous men and women who refused to participate in the subjugation and destruction of the targeted groups and individuals of that period. They died, some along with their entire families, or accepted their fates in concentration camps rather than betray their fellow men. Some are known, but most perished and are known only to God. These heroes embody human nobility in its highest form and stand as beacons in the otherwise bleak history of World War II.

KAEP:

It's a shame that you don't put your writing skills towards something really worthwhile and beautiful, something where the words would grab at one's heart-strings and make one's soul sing, something along the lines of ...

"We are one, but we are many and from all the lands on earth we come. We share a dream and sing with one voice. I am, you are, we are -
Australian..."
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 25 February 2011 6:39:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Contrary to popular opinion in some circles, people with white skins did not invent racism nor are they the only practitioners thereof." stevenlmeyer

Quite true that every race have racial prejudice of sorts.

However, it is also true that (some) whites institutionalised racism like old South Africa, slaves in North America, etc. As late as the 1960s whites don't allow coloured to sit in the front of a bus in the USA.

Similarly, the Arab Muslims have encoded 'racism' into the Koran, hating the Jews, Christians and non-Muslims. So that it is never possible for a Muslim to integrate into a non-Muslim society.

If Muslims become Islamists (Muslims who take the teachings of Koran literally) the only countries they can live in is Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Somalia
Posted by Philip Tang, Friday, 25 February 2011 6:48:03 PM
Philip Tang:

Not all Muslims take the Quran literally, the same as not Christians take the Bible literally. Fundamentalists exist in all religions be they Muslim, Christian, et cetera. But it is wrong to lump all believers in the one category and make sweeping generalisations about them without allowing for individual differences.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 25 February 2011 7:20:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy