The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Being neighbourly in the post-Mubarak Mid East > Comments

Being neighbourly in the post-Mubarak Mid East : Comments

By Damien Cheong, published 21/2/2011

The seeming disregard for the lives of Arab civilians and more importantly, its handling of the Palestinian conflict are the main reasons why normalisation between Israel and the rest of the Arab world have not been forthcoming.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
I am not so sure that geopolitical analyses are relevant. I think your opinion is wrong. I have friends and family who are Arab & non Arab Muslims and I also have Palistinian acquaintances. The problem from where I sit and observe is the mind set exhibited. Pure unreasoning hatred, all from inculcation rather than experience. Geopolitical and other issues can be be resolved by negotiation, given good will. This attitude cannot and caring and understanding of self and others is a prerequisite for goodwill to exist. Only self understanding and broader minds will recocile peoples. This our human failing, we all suffer from the problem of narrow & distorted perceptions.
Posted by Williejay, Monday, 21 February 2011 1:30:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy