The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The (John) Key factor: grinners are winners > Comments

The (John) Key factor: grinners are winners : Comments

By Duncan Graham, published 21/1/2011

With John Key in power politics across the Tasman is as exciting as a flat Pavlova.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
What a cynical nasty piece. The only thing that I believe John Key has done that is wrong is to introduce the silly emissions trading scheme that is bad for NZ and not necessary anyway. Otherwise he is a most welcome and very good Prime Minister. If only he was PM here.
Posted by Sniggid, Friday, 21 January 2011 10:28:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So Duncan Graham has turned up in Wellington has he? Well we aren't missing you here in Perth Duncan, although you were once a local.
What a jaundiced, unfair and inaccurate diatribe you have written.
My husband and I are very frequent visitors to New Zealand and I have to say New Zealand is making significant improvements in the economy and other areas ever since John Key took over. That's after about a decade of the political correctness gone mad, and Helen Clark allowing the economy to collapse to a near standstill. Let's remember the global financial crisis (GFC) started during John Key's early time in power, and the impact is still evident around the glode. He's had so many other complications like the long haul surcharge on airfares from the UK and New Zealand attracts many of their tourists from the UK.
The general thrust of the article absolutely reeks of jealousy of a self made man from a disadvantaged background. If he was a left wing Prime Minister he'd be lauded as a huge success and a role model, but because he's from the right he must be bad. Yes he's made money and could easily retire and live in Hawaii permanently if he wanted to. But he's a loyal Kiwi and he wants to give something back to the country and he's doing a fantastic job in difficult circumstances. It's a real shame he isn't Prime Minister of Australia in my considered view.
Posted by coogeelib, Friday, 21 January 2011 7:40:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This Duncan Graham wouldn't by any chance be a sore leftie loser, would he ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 22 January 2011 12:27:41 PM
Your account of why Key won and what NZers were expecting bears no realtion to what my various friends and relatives report. Rather than being elected on to introduce radical change, he appears to have persudaded people that his government would be Labout light. Is your account not wishful thinking?
Posted by ozbib, Saturday, 22 January 2011 5:23:38 PM
Australia has

The Donkey Vote, New Zealand

Has the John Key Vote
Posted by Shintaro, Sunday, 23 January 2011 3:25:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy