The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The politics of hate and hate speech > Comments

The politics of hate and hate speech : Comments

By Walt Brasch, published 19/1/2011

United States: why do the 'super patriots' of the Reactionary Right believe they and no one else have the truth?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I too, found nothing disgraceful about this article at all.
In fact I found it painfully informative and extremely interesting.

The so called Tea Party seems like an offshoot group from the old Ku Klux Klan!

From all I have read about Sarah Palin and her particular brand of politics, nothing would surprise me at all about that woman.

At least the American people saw through the militant Palin when asked to vote for her.
Democracy and common sense prevailed again.
Posted by suzeonline, Thursday, 20 January 2011 12:24:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The media is made up of "Left-wing subversives"?.

As exemplified by such well-known communists as Rupert Murdoch for example?
Posted by wobbles, Thursday, 20 January 2011 12:35:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Was Sarah Palin the only one to refer to “cross-hairs” or “targeting” –NO

Democrat figures , including Obama has said similar
http://radiopatriot.wordpress.com/2011/01/09/if-they-bring-a-knife-to-the-fight-we-bring-a-gun-obama-6142008/

(incidentally, I think Obama is a thoroughly nice guy; a top guy!)

So why are many always eager to attack Sarah?

Remember when her email was hacked –it was yippee good fun.
But, when someone hacked the climate scientists email . The same persons were calling for persecutions.

Shintaro in his inimitable fashion muses:
“We reap what we sow?”

But there are some among us who reap without sowing, and they are not the lilies of the field.
But lily livered individuals who belong to the tea party’s arch rival – the chardonnay party.
And they have good reason to fear that should people of the Sarah’s ilk get the upper hand there might be no more free rides , or drinks.

On another thread in another universe far far away.
Some of the same cast and crew were using the word “hate” a lot.
Well, hate is very much in evidence here –a smouldering deep hate.

All I can think is , if she can get this lot hating her –she must be doing something …right.
Posted by SPQR, Thursday, 20 January 2011 6:20:33 AM
Jennifer, on this occasion, I can do nothing but agree with you, but don't hold your breath waiting for a reasoned reply.

A good article, sums up the American political climate very well.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Thursday, 20 January 2011 7:02:12 AM
Hi Folks...as they say in those Horror Movies.. "I'm ba----ack" :)

Ok.. slap slap.. serious now.

This article is without question one of the most ideological and prejudiced I've seen for a longggggg time. There are so many things wrong and unbalanced and outright bigoted about it that it defies the imagination.

PRIMARY THESIS of the article is that the RIGHT wing is doing all the 'hate' speech and that this is what results in such things as the Arizona shooting.
Nowwww...IF you were all good little vegemites and had done your moral duty of watching Glennn Beck today especially (you can still catch him-same show at 6.00pm 2night on Fox) you will see 'from their own mouths' the utter hatred of the Left in living color.

The classic example of late is Francis Fox Piven (on vid) calling on workers as follows: "Where are the unruly MOBS"... she also made comparisons with the overt violence in Greece, suggesting by implication it should also happen in the USA.. she spoke about the need to establish an ANGRY IDENTITY... well.. it seems to have worked..and worked well...

*Union protesters overwhelm security at bank meeting*

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/19/union-protest-mortgage-bankers-summit_n_811003.html

Becks team of researchers uncovered NUMEROUS examples of clear hate speech.. but the worst was from the man Brasch names "Fuller"

James Eric Fuller, 63, who was shot in the knee, had told The Post on Friday, the day before his arrest, that top Republican figures should be tortured -- and their ears severed.

"There would be torture and then an ear necklace, with [Minnesota US Rep.] Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin's ears toward the end, because they're small, female ears, and then Limbaugh, Hannity

Yep...*tone*....it's very important. But much more for the LEFT than the right.
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Thursday, 20 January 2011 10:13:17 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Al,

No doubt there are dubious references to violence in the politics of left and right.
But how can you deny the "tone" of much that is associated with Palin, Beck and the Tea Party movement.
The "ordinary folk" tend to identify with the metaphorical associations employed by those who pull the psychological strings.
Beck has been busy preparing his audience for "end times"...ie, something bad is coming. He's been inching the dial of foreboding up for a while now.
Even without the Tucson tragedy, something was always going to give. Let's hope this at least serves to get America looking at the direction its political rhetoric is taking.
Here's an article outlining fairly graphically the mindset of some tea Party followers - something that has apparently been encouraged by their mentors.
http://bluewavenews.com/blog/2011/01/09/tea-party-rhetoric-nothing-better-than-a-dead-liberal/
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 20 January 2011 11:03:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy