The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cablegate gift keeps on giving > Comments

Cablegate gift keeps on giving : Comments

By Graham Young, published 20/12/2010

So far WikiLeaks has told us pretty much what we already suspected, but what if it actually found some damaging secrets?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Given that the Gift that keeps on Giving has, in the link that is to follow, given yet more, I am hoping that this thread is not an inappropriate place to make a nomination for the OLO January Feature, 'Best Blogs for 2010'. (Yes, I know I have an unfortunate history with respect to Monthly Features and the rendering of offerings thereto, but what went around in 'Personal Epiphanies' has come around, as the saying goes in the past tense, with WikiLeaks' Cablegate flagshipping the December Feature, 'Whistleblowers', as comprehensively as Togo at Tsushima.)

I nominate this blog by Jim Goad:

"Cultural Caviar: The Rape Of Julian Assange"

The blog post can be found here: http://bit.ly/eY2Q4c

Without giving the gift away entirely, these concluding lines to the post I post by way of giving viewers some idea of the feast of which they may later be partaking. Thus:

"Ardin and Wilen have hired Swedish celebrity
lawyer Claes Borgström, who has uttered such
gems about the [Assange] case as “He had sex against
their will one way or the other” and explained
that even though the girls insisted Assange
didn’t use force, they don’t understand they’ve
been raped because “They’re not lawyers.”

Somehow, what happened doesn’t quite sound like
“rape” to me, at least as I’ve been led to
understand the term in America.

Then again, I don’t live in Sweden. But after
reading literally thousands of online forum
comments about the case, many of them appearing
to be from bona fide Swedes, I realize those
blond bastards define rape as broadly as our
fair galaxy.

Everything is rape to them. Apparently there’s
a running joke—“That’s rape in Sweden.” Did you
spill your coffee? “That’s rape in Sweden.” Did
you cough too loud during the board meeting?
“That’s rape in Sweden.” What, you don’t understand
the joke? “That’s rape in Sweden.”"

Who stands to benefit most from all this wiking guilt-tripping? Prince Rupert of the Whine by any chance?
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Thursday, 23 December 2010 9:59:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I received an email response to my sort of complaint to the Swedish
Ambassador in Canberra. It was most polite and they forwarded me their Swedish sexual assault laws etc. They are very similar to ours in Australia.It would seem it is a private lawyer acting on behalf of these two women pressing charges, as yet no criminal charges have been
set in Sweden. But a European (as UK is now part of the EU - in my opinion to their chagrin - however) was a private warrant was one that
was declined on the appeal against his release from gaol.

According to my first response from the Swedish foreign office, Sweden has never extradited anyone from Sweden to the US of A as was feared.

However, my second response was a little more aggressive, as I said,
then 'why did the Swedish lawyers want to restrict the bail application when no criminal charges had as yet be placed in Sweden?"
And there was no fear of Julian flying away to avoid apprehension in
Sweden, when he has this legally from his point of view, accepting that charges will be laid against him, but yet non have been - so no defense can be prepared? No response as yet from the Swedish foreign
Ministry?

Only my speculation - but encouraged by those who have been revealed in an embarrassing light from Wikileaks to pressure him and discredit him. Or just get publicity from sleeping with Julian?

If Graham wishes to get the Swedish laws etc., he knows my private email address and he can request them. But I can assure you other than being asleep and being raped, nothing seems to be compute, Unless
Julian is a carrier of any STD? Or HIV. And if he is - he is toast!
Unless those women have slept un protected with others since last August, when they could have had HIV tests done immediately and after 12 weeks after sex with Julian without protection. I find it very unlikely don't you?
Posted by Bush bunny, Tuesday, 28 December 2010 8:14:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am thinking about Julian. I - as an mature aged wise woman, looks at him and thinks. Yes you are reasonably attractive, physically. But the way you walk, you seem to me more a Nerd or Dork, rather than a warrior.
(No disrespect either meant). However, with a multi million dollar
internet Wikileaks thriving and also driving his personality, he would be attractive to many (other than women of course), not just sexually from women, but also those who believed that we need someone to lead a group of those who are not afraid to unleash the absolute lies governments and politics thrive on via the media and governmental lies. Not so easy now via the Internet?

This happens, I know. When I worked for the Health Commission in Kogarah,(early 1970s) word came through from Darwin, or NT Health Commissioner to other Australian Health Commissioners, Boat people were expected over the next 3 years perhaps. 27,000 people. And Darwin refugee quarantine centers could not cope with this number of people from Vietnam. Almost immediately, Gareth Evans announced on TV
that only 9,000 people from Vietnam were expected over the next three
years. As I watched this on TV I told my husband 'He's lieing!"

Well with the boat people right now coming via Christmas Island, when
have they now adapted, quarantine camps and camps from the ex Vietnam
experience to cope to this Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan refugees or boat people who need assistance?

There is a lot we are not told, and should be told!
Posted by Bush bunny, Tuesday, 28 December 2010 8:42:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy