The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Coal-ition's policy on climate change > Comments

The Coal-ition's policy on climate change : Comments

By Michael Rowan, published 18/11/2010

Adam Smith would be revolving in his grave if he knew about the federal Coalition's climate change policy.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
CO2 emissions increased by 3% in 2010 (mostly by China) which is twice what Australia emits in total.

If Australia commits itself to the extreme Greens' target of a 25% reduction by 2020, this massive disruption to the economy will compensate for 6 weeks growth by the developing world.

Please tell me what the purpose is of Australia going it alone?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 22 November 2010 10:47:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
People are waking up to all the alarmism that has been pushed regarding man made global warming. The only people who will gain by having a carbon tax are the likes of Al Gore and his cohorts.
Electricity has already increased to a point where people cannot afford to use it. Adding a carbon tax will increase this again and place electricity out of the reach of those who most need it.

It is time that Australians woke up to the big con that has been dreamed up to transfer the wealth to others.
Posted by 4freedom, Monday, 22 November 2010 4:57:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm using this site to express my opinions - which are in accord with the science from the world's leading scientific bodies. Anyone who uses convenient misunderstandings between the technical term 'statistical significance' and the more widely used word 'significance' to put the conclusion that there's been no warming for 15yrs into the mouth of someone who's work clearly shows warming over that period isn't someone who is informed or honest. The world really is warming and multiple independent measures and indicators show it clearly. If people won't accept science that's endorsed by every peak science body why would I even imagine anything I say would change that? I will continue to trust that the world's leading scientific bodies know better and are more honest than the popular high priests of the cult of climate science disbelief who aim to tell their followers what they want to hear.

The long term impacts look very likely to cost and hurt us very dearly; hoping or pretending there will be no adverse impacts is denial of what's now known about our climate. It is dangerously irresponsible and I will continue to point that out.

Australia, as a major supplier of fossil fuels is a major contributor to global warming, contributing by it's exports far more GHG's than it emits locally - yet despite being well informed of the impacts on climate and well endowed with potential to make low emissions energy it's failing to introduce effective policy to bring on that necessary transition. Global action will only be hindered by Australians insisting we should do no more than the least any other nation does. We are not inconsequential. Nor are we going it alone. We should be doing as much as we are capable of - not angling to do the least we can get away with.
Posted by Ken Fabos, Monday, 22 November 2010 10:55:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy