The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Comparing the Australian and UK electoral systems > Comments

Comparing the Australian and UK electoral systems : Comments

By Tim Roll-Pickering, published 9/8/2010

There is much discussion in the UK about Australia's use of preferential voting ahead of a referendum there next year.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Ultimately, Britain is like Australia, one election further on. Compare what we have now to putative overt Abbott (neo) Liberalism, against the context of the ugly (to me) neoliberal Cameron government in Britain.
I observe that editors here had the wit to include this as well as the David Flood video, which explains why we need better, less corrupt and more visonary government.
This explains a better way to retreive government from the Big End, that could finally break the grip of vested interests in our time.
I don't exclude in my reference to poor governemt, some of the state labor governments- they are also good examples of what happens when government is expropriated from the public. We need variant contrasting voices; not further removal of ideological diversity, to thepoint when thepublic loses its collective "memory" thru lack of exercise of the cognitive faculty induced by diversity, contrasting ideas and approaches.
Posted by paul walter, Monday, 9 August 2010 11:30:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just got my postal vote forms today. Turns out that in the absence of an eligible witness that it is just easier to turn up at the consulate and vote there without the need to worry about forms and sticker labels and postal costs. .. I dunno .. the amount of paper that gets wasted is appalling!

But alas, I digress .. I am pleased to note that the GREENS have prime position on the forms that I received.

Yes indeed folks just put

in the first labelled box that you see on the top shelf and you would have done a great service to this our Australia.

;-)

Got no "How to Vote Card" for Tangney but. Have sent an email. Hopefully some one will get back to me soon.

WOOP! WOOOOP! WOOOOOOOOP!
Posted by DreamOn, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 9:35:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy