The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Election fiction reveals political reality > Comments

Election fiction reveals political reality : Comments

By Justin George, published 6/8/2010

Both the ALP and the Liberal-National coalition are the political parties of corporate Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
Cornflower- I agree completely.
To be honest, I think most of Liberals and LAbor have a neoliberal agenda but try to dress it up as part of the conservative package to the voters, like it's being presented in the USA.
Posted by King Hazza, Friday, 6 August 2010 1:53:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh

"Australians who have lived longer than you – the majority - are conservative people".

Really. Do you have any evidence for this?

I am aware of a lot of older Australians who are concerned with the right wing shift in Australian politics. For example, only this morning on AM, I heard Malcolm Fraser say that he had resigned from the Liberal Party because it had moved to far to the right in his opinion.
Posted by Loxton, Friday, 6 August 2010 2:12:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Briar Rose, Cornflower & King Hazza

Agree with you all.

" The result has been a politics in Australia that is firmly framed by the right, with a two-party dominated system where both parties rely upon and pander to business for financial support. The further disconnected they have become from their traditional bases, the further their reliance on business has become. This in part also explains why both parties have needed to embrace the rhetoric of populist politics to camouflage their policies’ true benefactors. "

The above point appears to be lost on some of the posters here as well.
Posted by Severin, Friday, 6 August 2010 2:17:57 PM
Ok lefties,

rather than just telling us how bad it is, such as lack of vision and lack of policy, tell us what you would do (taking account of international considerations and economic factors).

Then elaborate if there is any consequences from your policy ideas.

Mere criticism, without evidence or a discussion of consequences, is Disneyland stuff.

I mean why don't we just raise taxes and fund everything. Just see how long our wealth lasts in an increasingly competitive world.

Criticism of the major parties is a sad option by left-wing political commentators who should know better and see the difficulties ahead, as well as offering some realistic ideas.

If it was all so easy, don't you think the major parties would be doing better?
Posted by Chris Lewis, Friday, 6 August 2010 2:42:15 PM
Loxton,

You ask: "Really. Do you have any evidence for this?"

Do you really have evidence against my assertion? Or, am the only one who has to produce evidence, while you do not?
Posted by Leigh, Friday, 6 August 2010 2:42:20 PM
Leigh, I think you have completely missed all the points the author is making in this article.
I wonder why?
Posted by briar rose, Friday, 6 August 2010 2:42:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All