The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Community cabinets: a vehicle to promote government policy > Comments

Community cabinets: a vehicle to promote government policy : Comments

By Chris Lewis, published 6/8/2010

Labor’s community cabinet meetings seem to amount to moving forward with more rhetoric.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Ditto agree. Cabinet govt has all but disappeared in Oz with executive powerinjust a few - Rudd had four. And we call it a representative democracy and we invaded two countries to get them to take it. If it were not so tragic it would be a joke. But as someonesays her, we only get what we deserve so get involved and live outyour values.
Posted by sleepy lizard, Monday, 9 August 2010 3:29:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In the USA they have “town-hall meetings”, where the citizens have opportunity to express their individual view and politicians listen.

In fact in Dallas Texas, the Dallas City Council have to face strident views from citizens and the whole proceedings are broadcast too.

I had presumed that was the intention of community cabinets, not just a vehicle for the dissemination of government propaganda.

Obviously I was wrong.

Rudd, Julia and their Union Bosses know everything and do not need to heed the view of the electorate.
Posted by Stern, Monday, 9 August 2010 10:30:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stern,

Interesting comments.

I think community cabinets would be more effective if televised. I am sure that this would minimise a govt's desire to dominate them if exposed on tv.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Monday, 9 August 2010 12:33:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy