The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Preserve us from an Aussie Iron Lady > Comments

Preserve us from an Aussie Iron Lady : Comments

By Graham Cooke, published 26/7/2010

Thatcher was a less than average Prime Minister who got lucky: Julia Gillard should do everything to avoid stepping into her mould.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Arjay,

Are you OK?

eyejaw
Posted by eyejaw, Tuesday, 27 July 2010 5:49:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh dear, Arjay. I despair of you.

>>The following traitors;George Bush,Dick Cheney, Bill Clinton,Tony Blair,John Howard,Gordon Brown,Zibigniew Brzezinski, and Bibi Netanyahu, have sold our humanity for a few pieces of power lust.<<

Your paranoia seems to increase by the day.

At one stage I believed that you might be simply a mischief-maker, writing all sorts of rubbish, just to get a reaction. And having a good giggle when anyone took you at face value.

But using a thread about Thatcher and Gillard to list your selection of "international criminals" would indicate that you are, in your own mind, serious.

You really should get some help. And I mean that both genuinely and kindly. It is not healthy to carry around the level of fear that you clearly do.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 27 July 2010 8:26:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay, you'll be happy to know that my latest post deals with turning Australia around, bringing it up to speed in the world's military hierarchy.

You'll change your mind about war being for cowards should you happen to read it!

Regarding Julia, she is no Thatcher thank heavens, although in my new Australia, Maggie would've shone!

http://www.dangerouscreation.com
Posted by David G, Tuesday, 27 July 2010 8:33:30 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Margaret Thatcher said

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left."

When some paid journo-hack takes up criticing an elected politician and 3 times re-elect Prime Minister of UK, not on what they achieved but criticising the supposed manner in which they achieved it -

One is left to ask the mute question - well what would you have done in her place?

It is a mute question because the armchair politician and paid-hack of the tabloids knows they will never be tested.

To matter of the Falklands... the chain of command means Margaret Thatcher would not have planned to go through or around goose green... a military analyst did.

Another point..

the Falklands was invaded by a hostile force and repelled with absolute determination,

there is only one way to fight a war, absolutely or not at all.

But I think we can sum this up in one easy statement

Man to Man,

Margaret Thatcher, for all her feminine virtues, was more a Man than Graham Cooke could ever aspire be

Julia Gizzards does not have the character or strength to match Margaret Thatcher, nor the debating prowess or dedication to values

Julia Gizzards is just after the power of the position at all costs....

Margaret Thatcher wanted the power to fix some of the problems created by the "Gizzard-thinkers" of previous generations
Posted by Stern, Tuesday, 27 July 2010 8:40:23 AM
Thatcher was on her her way to being booted out after her first term, it was the Falklands War, unfortunately an unavoidable conflict for Britain at that time, that gave her the opportunity to become the Iron Lady. By the time she was into her third term, the public was sick of her and her party quickly removed her. So really, she had one term in government where she rode on her popularity, before the end came for her career. I think she did some good things for the UK, understod climate change and wanted to do something about it, and also stood firm in the face of international opposition to the Falklands War, but I don't know too many people who think, on balance, that she was that good for the country.
Posted by Phil Matimein, Tuesday, 27 July 2010 2:10:54 PM
Phil Matimein "I don't know too many people who think, on balance, that she was that good for the country."

Merely the majority who elected her/her government (and they after all are the only ones who matter), because they thought she was alot better than any of the available alternatives and certainly alot better than the forces she opposed.

and no one ever gets to elect tabloid hacks....

But as Abe Lincoln said... you cannot please all of the people all of the time......
Posted by Stern, Wednesday, 28 July 2010 9:07:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy