The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The wall of Ruddspeak > Comments

The wall of Ruddspeak : Comments

By Julie Bishop, published 8/6/2010

The latest episode of spin-doctoring by the Rudd Government is its $38 million advertising campaign about the super tax on mining profits.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
38 mill for ads ?

ummmm...what happened to your ewe beaut Broadband thingy ?
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Tuesday, 8 June 2010 8:44:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well said Julie.

The voice of liberal reason

I see one or two sniping comments including one from david f about the coalition making promises

I suppose we should point out that the coalition did not make it an election point, Mr Rudd did and now he has contracted the cancer he demanded be surgically removed when campaigning.

I guess the chemo and radiation treatment failed, just like his promises and policies.

To the matter of a replacement leader…. That is a possibility…

However, to go that route would be an admission of absolute defeat by the collectivists

and something which would stick in their arrogant throats like a swallowed chicken bone.
Posted by Stern, Wednesday, 9 June 2010 7:58:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Generally disappointing, shallow, ill informed, opportunistic and sometimes unintelligible.

Not you Julie, I refer to OLO.

Not OLO’s finest hour. What ever happened to staying on thread, incisively responding to issues, analysis of facts, demonstrating an understanding of various perspectives and achieving some balanced opinion?

This thread has turned into a mitigation exercise for ALP supporters. Just by seeking to trash Rudd and exonerate the rest of the ALP you are giving tacit recognition to the case of a failed ALP government.

It may be convenient to “blame” Rudd however, the rest of the government are part of the problem and not the solution. If government ministers cannot manage policies and implementation they should not be in charge of anything.

Rudd’s spin-doctoring is hurting ALP credibility, the $38 million advertising campaign is an attempt to counter mining industry perspectives, which were caused by “springing” a knee jerk tax policy on the public on May 2, after sitting on the Henry Tax Review until April.

We have to believe the mining company perspectives that “some miners could pay up to 58 per cent under the plan” and that “resource companies had some legitimate concerns”.
Why should we believe this? because Wayne Swan said so. (AFR June 8).

So who is doing the Quacking?
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 9 June 2010 8:57:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Stern,

It is not sniping to ask that a political party out of party promise not to follow the policies they criticise by those in power.

I apply that to any party out of power. The ALP supported the Fitzgerald Inquiry which investigated corruption in the Bjelke-Petersen government. Fitzgerald recommended changes to eliminate future corruption. When the ALP got into power they did not implement most of the recommendations. When I asked our local ALP representative why, she responded, "Fitzgerald is not God."

I hold no brief for any party and ask they not do what they criticise in others.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 9 June 2010 11:03:55 AM
Brought to you by Julie Bishop, front-bencher for the party who bombarded Australians with a cartload of Orwellian spin: "WorkChoices" (restricting choices for working people), "Non-Core promises" (the ones they never meant to keep), the "never ever" GST (never ever, that is, until it was introduced), "children overboard" (words fail me), "Australians for Honest Politics" (a front for the Liberals, aimed squarely at being dishonest with the electorate), "energised fences" around detention centres (read: electrified or electrocuting), "management units" also in detention centres (read: solitary confinement for punishment) and many many more. Breathtaking.
Posted by Slobodon Meshirtfront, Wednesday, 9 June 2010 12:37:43 PM
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=10525#173025

huonian, When you talk to disgruntled EX labour voters as i do, daily, you realise that Krudd is not the problem at all. The top of their disappointment, disillusionment list, with the Red/green/getup/labour coalition is the naked, male hatred, of the Radical, Extremist, Loony, Left, Lesbian, Fauxmanista Factions.

I am commonly told jokes like, What are the 4 scariest words in the English language? Prime Minister Julia Gillard.

The Metrosexual, Male Apologists, of the Loony, Left, Factions are Hated, even more, by the average Ex Labour voter both male & female.

Replacing Krudd with a woman, or any member of the Loony, Left, Factions will annoy them, even more & drive even more, former ALP supporters away, towards the conservatives.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=10525#173028

Aime, read the above. The "Proletariat" are not as dumb as the ruling elite, loony, left, humanities academics, have fooled themselves into thinking. They are awake to the "Presidential" style politics, change the leaders game. It does not matter which "Poster Person" you put out front, you still end up with the Red/green/getup/labour coalition.

If you think the "dumb blond bimbo" from NSW is going to stop the Red/green/getup/labour NSW state, coalition from going into oblivion for decades you are seriously deluded.

Do you remember the wall poster with a cartoon about a flock of turkeys milling around like idiots and the punchline delivered by the one intelligent looking one, in the middle saying. How can i soar, like an eagle when i am surrounded by turkeys?

That is, whats wrong with the Red/green/getup/labour coalition. Any sensible, intelligent, centrist politician among them will be dragged down by the Loony, Left, Factions.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=10525#173038

Pelican, have you joined the http://www.democrats.org.au/ yet, they would suit you politically. If not, why not? Your country needs you, don't sit back & wait for an opportunity, to just vote for a minor party or independent, pick one & join up now.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=10525#173039

C J Morgan, read the above. A female ALP leader will lose, more than, gain any voters.
Posted by Formersnag, Wednesday, 9 June 2010 1:10:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy