The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The young and the homeless > Comments

The young and the homeless : Comments

By George Seymour, published 9/4/2010

On any given night in Australia there are about 105,000 people homeless, almost half of whom are under the age of 25.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
I have been buying copies of the Big Issue from the same vendor for a number of months. Thinking of this article, I stopped to talk to him yesterday. He has been homeless on one level or other for a decade - in and out of shelters but until he was able to sell big issues he couldnt get work he said that even employment agencies werent able to help him without a permanent address. Its probably in other areas outside of housing that homeless people need help the most.
Posted by Jasper the Second, Tuesday, 13 April 2010 12:16:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not particularly bothered with any statistic that seeks to identify and weigh the degree of homelessness, or of any other social ill for that matter.
Neither do I blame those who lead a precarious life on the street for their own situation.
I notice some on this thread would do this.
I am heartily sick of this sanctimonious and self-righteous stuffing.

The reality is out there, just like the refugee "problem".
Posted by clink, Friday, 16 April 2010 5:27:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=10256#167987

The big issue is part of the problem, using, abusing homeless/disabled people to sell their sick communist propaganda.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=10256#168277

The "some" people you complain about being "sanctimonious" are not blaming the homeless for their position but red/green/getup/labour coalition governments, whose loony, left policies have created the poverty they are immersed in, to justify an enormous welfare/social work industry.
Posted by Formersnag, Monday, 19 April 2010 4:25:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy