The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Lara Bingle's privacy > Comments

Lara Bingle's privacy : Comments

By Karen Abidi, published 12/3/2010

Right to privacy: there is no public interest whatsoever in publishing the photo of Lara Bingle in the shower.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I tune in to TV of an evening to become informed about what is happening out there in the real world. There are some real dramas going on believe it or not. But to be bombarded by Gossip Guru's wringing every drop of gory detail,every licentious leer makes me want to puke.
Does the 'affair' in "A Current Affair" have to invade personal relationships, probing for that titillating tit bit ?
Fortunately, I've got a remote control and can switch off and find meaningful content on the internet.
Posted by maracas1, Friday, 12 March 2010 2:31:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What amazes me is how quick those who adhere to moral relativism are suddenly absolutely adamant about their moral judgements. So sleeping with a married man is okay but having a photograph taken of you is worse than cheating. Instead of chasing the bucks and attracting publicly from these events both Fevola and Bingle should be saying sorry for being extremely poor role models and betraying other family members. Oh that is right everyone is a victim these days. The faith secularist have with moral relativism continues to produce its logical outcome.
Posted by runner, Friday, 12 March 2010 3:57:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
RobP

Most of her wealth is that of her boyfriend who plays games for a living. Boring game at that.

Taking a photo of someone having a shower should be highly illegal. Not sure if there is anything to argue about. It is disgusting. Celebrity or not, the fact is nobody should have to even be provoked into a re-action on the subject. The thought of all those ugly, over paid, under brained footy players leering at their mobile phones to see her image makes me want to puke. If it had been me when I was younger I would be acting way worse than the young lady concerned. Not even human behaviour for crying out loud. Now the NFL are crying? He admitted it took the photo and they stand behind him. I spit at that whole organisation and its culture. I really do, boys silent to prtoect each other but loose lipped when it comes to women. They gross me out.
Posted by TheMissus, Friday, 12 March 2010 3:57:55 PM
Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
Posted by JamesH, Friday, 12 March 2010 5:03:50 PM
Yet another example of the prurience and infantile nature of the readership of Woman's Day. That rag would have only paid that much money if it was convinced that it would increase its sales to cover the cost of chequebook journalism.

Fevola should not have taken the photo without consent, but he was chosen by Bingle as a partner because of him being a 'bad boy'. What the bludy 'ell else could she expect? She played with fire, and got burnt, and then attracted further attention, figuratively fanning the flames.

But also, perhaps there should be laws against taking such photos, in a private place without consent, and further laws making it unlawful to distribute them. (Anything done in public is fair game, as there should be no expection of privacy in a public place).

This entire episode should stand as a warning against the cult of celebrity, but it won't. Bingle will be out of the news next week, and the Woman's Day will move on to some other pseudo-sensational story of little merit.
Posted by Dougthebear, Friday, 12 March 2010 8:12:40 PM
Did not the woman in question wittingly or unwittingly expose herself (pardon the pun)to potential unsavoury publicity?
Posted by Raycom, Friday, 12 March 2010 9:47:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy