The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > NSW red gum logging defies Federal environment law > Comments

NSW red gum logging defies Federal environment law : Comments

By Lindsay Hesketh, published 3/3/2010

The river red gum wetland forests along the Murray River provide a perfect illustration of why protected areas are so important.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Antiseptic
Thanks for your information on the cost and the amount that can be recovered as good furniture timber and take you point. I would like to accept your offer but at 77 and not in the best of health I would not be able to use it. I am now limited to small projects, such as carving and scroll sawing. Thanks anyway
Whatever use we can make of "council" timber, it is better than going to land fill. Those councils that can reclaim a resource through gas is a sound idea.
However, as we have limited potential tip sites, I would like to see some development that will allow, after the gas reclamation, a better use of the remainder.
I will admit I am a little vague as to what happens to material after the gas has been reclaimed. If there is any remainder, perhaps it could be used as a mulch or compost, etc. It would be too dirty to make particle boards, etc.
I am concerned that too much is going to landfill when it might have other uses.
Even the so-called experts of re-cycling, take material to landfill when it is too difficult to re-cycle. We do not re-cycle as well as the USA. They seem to re-cycle a broader range of products
Posted by professor-au, Monday, 15 March 2010 1:21:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy