The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Abdullah bristles as Palestine fizzles > Comments

Abdullah bristles as Palestine fizzles : Comments

By David Singer, published 15/2/2010

Jordan’s King Abdullah must show leadership and negotiate with Israel on the sovereignty of the West Bank.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
There is an obvious way to avoid a fight to the death. That is to give up the idea of ethnic nationalism whether Jewish, Muslim or Palestinian and create a state which separates ethnicity and/or religion and the state. In such a state all citizens would have equal rights and the religious or ethnic preferences of the citizens would be no business of the state.

A Palestinian state as it now is working out is not a friendly place for Christian Arabs and even less so for Jews. In Israel there is no civil marriage and the orthodox decide who is a Jew. In the United States and Australia who is a Jew is no concern of the state, and that is the way it should be. Under a Jewish state the discrimination and the separate educational systems for Muslims, orthodox Jews, secular Jews, haredim and Christians will continue. In the US the Supreme Court has found that segregation in government funded schools promotes an unequal society. The same is true for Israel.

Let people associate freely. It should be anybody's right to enter or leave any group. That is one of the human rights guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Exercising that right is inconsistent with ethnic nationalism.
Posted by david f, Friday, 19 February 2010 10:57:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Davids f and Singer

I call 'em as I see 'em. And what I see is that one fifth of humanity adheres to a genocidal belief system called Islam. Whatever may have been the case in the past, CONTEMPORARY Islam, Islam 2010, is indistinguishable from Nazism.

David f,

I do not think I am misrepresenting when I say that the above statement reflects the private view of most Jews. The only difference between me and "most Jews" is that I am prepared to say it in public.

It follows that most Jewish Israelis would as soon form a joint state with the SS as with approximately 5 million Muslims.

Now you may feel our perception of Islam is mistaken. I am not going to argue the point with you - though to me the evidence seems compelling. However I think you have zero chance of persuading Jewish Israelis that it is reasonable for them to risk the lives of their loved ones by forming a joint state with the Palestinians.

For one, a state with such a large Muslim contingent would be unable to defend itself when, not if, but when, its Muslim neighbours attacked. And the aftermath of a successful Muslim attack on Israel would surely be another Shoah.

If you think Israelis are unique in their perceptions consider the brouhaha the arrival of a few boat people causes; or the fierceness with which planning permission for the establishment of Islamic schools is contested. Yet this is minor compared to what you are asking Israelis to contemplate.

I am afraid your solution is as much a fantasy as Singer's. I think most Israelis would prefer a war where they have a fighting chance rather then risk being slaughtered while defenceless - again. Better to die with a gun in your hand and your enemies transformed into nuclear waste.

David Singer

Europe is the wild card. Will the natives resist Islamisation? I am sceptical. Read:

"Reflections on the Revolution In Europe: Immigration, Islam, and the West" by Christopher Caldwell

http://www.amazon.com/Reflections-Revolution-Europe-Immigration-Islam/dp/0385518269/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266558785&sr=1-
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Friday, 19 February 2010 3:58:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy