The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia, Afghanistan and three unanswered questions > Comments

Australia, Afghanistan and three unanswered questions : Comments

By Kellie Tranter, published 11/2/2010

We should be asking the Rudd Government whether the war in Afghanistan is legal under international law.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26
  13. ...
  14. 39
  15. 40
  16. 41
  17. All
This is exactly where our paths diverge, daggett.

>>If the IT systems that, according to Rumsfeld himself on 10 September 2001, allowed $2.3 trillion to go missing...<<

As I pointed out to you very carefully, Rumsfeld said no such thing. Check for yourself.

http://www.defense.gov/speeches/speech.aspx?speechid=430

"According to some estimates, we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions."

Do you understand the difference between "cannot track, according to some estimates", and embezzled?

You see what I mean about repetition? You keep making the same silly statements, I keep referring you to the same source material.

>>what makes you so confident that there were no missing hundreds of billions?<<

You make the allegations, daggett. It is not up to me to set up an audit, it is up to you to provide concrete evidence. Which you can't.

Every so often, you even admit it. Like when you tell me it "isn't your job" to describe what you believe happened on 9/11.

That is what makes me "so confident".

>>does that mean that you reject the testimony of whistleblowers, John Minnery and Franklin C. Spinney?<<

And exactly what "testimony" was that, daggett?

Spell it out for us, don't be so lazy. Do what I do for you, which is find the transcript and provide an excerpt - I can't be arsed to wade through yet another tedious video.

Then we can discuss it.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 2 April 2010 10:07:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Note how Professor Pericles has yet to reveal whether it is himself or me who is to be the subject of his 'study' on 'the inability to let go' syndrome.

---

Professor Pericles, could you explain to me sometime, the difference between $2.3 billion in transactions disappearing and not being able to keep track of those transactions?

Professor Pericles wrote, "You make the allegations, daggett. It is not up to me to set up an audit, it is up to you to provide concrete evidence. Which you can't."

I can see that Pericles has not even bothered to read (or has pretended not to have read) how Pentagon accountant John Minnery was unable to learn what happened to $300 million.

If he couldn't find out what happened, what chance would I stand of working out what happened to the money?

Professor Pericles demanded, "Spell it out for us, don't be so lazy. ..."

The video with the essential allegations at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kpWqdPMjmo is all of 2'31" long.

Besides, if you refuse to acknowledge John Minnery's evidence of not being able to track down $300 million, why should I bother typing out any further evidence for you to ignore?

Why do you think that whistleblower Frank C. Spinney would have said "Those numbers are pie in the sky. The books are cooked routinely year after year after year." if it was not true?
Posted by daggett, Friday, 2 April 2010 11:13:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The fact that they cannot track some transactions does not mean that money has been embezzled, daggett.

>>Professor Pericles, could you explain to me sometime, the difference between $2.3 billion in transactions disappearing and not being able to keep track of those transactions?<<

The fact that they cannot track some transactions does not mean that money has been diverted to the CIA, or to that cabal of elite banksters that you believe are creating the New World Order.

The fact that they cannot track some transactions does not mean money has been used to set explosives in various New York buildings, on the offchance that some hijacked planes might fly into them.

>>If he couldn't find out what happened, what chance would I stand of working out what happened to the money?<<

My point, precisely.

If he couldn't track it to your cabal of elite banksters, what on earth makes you think that's where it ended up? Surely we would have heard by now, with all these whistleblowers around the place.

It is because you can only see events through the lens of a conspiracy for world domination.

To the rest of the world, it is simply clerical incompetence.

To you, on the other hand, it is "evidence" that secret bank accounts are being used to persuade hundreds of people to murder their fellow-citizens in cold blood.

Incidentally, given the popularity of whistleblowing, how come there hasn't been a single peep heard that supports your loony theories about 9/11?

>>Note how Professor Pericles has yet to reveal whether it is himself or me who is to be the subject of his 'study' on 'the inability to let go' syndrome.<<

It's important that I leave some things for people to work out for themselves, daggett, rather than hand-hold them to every conclusion.
Posted by Pericles, Saturday, 3 April 2010 3:51:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Note that Pericles has still failed to explain "the difference between $2.3 billion in transactions disappearing and not being able to keep track of those transactions" as I had asked of him.

---

Professor Pericles, if there is no difference between the Pentagon not being able to keep track of $2.3 trillion and $2.3 trillion having gone missing, then how can you seriously maintain the the hundreds of billions of dollars, from which the funds to demolish the WTC towers could have been obtained were ''mythical'?

Professor Pericles wrote, "It's important that I leave some things for people to work out for themselves, ..."

OK, Professor Pericles, assuming that is me who is to be the subject, of your 'study' on "the inability to let go" syndrome, can you pease explain why you should not, instead, be the subject?
Posted by daggett, Saturday, 3 April 2010 4:59:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your latest protestation at least has the virtue of brevity, daggett.

>>Note that Pericles has still failed to explain "the difference between $2.3 billion in transactions disappearing and not being able to keep track of those transactions" as I had asked of him.<<

Ok, perhaps a simpler explanation is needed.

I use my credit card at Woolies. A month later check my credit card statement against the slips, and the charge is on the Visa records, but I don't have the corresponding receipt.

Without the slip of paper, which I probably misfiled somewhere, I am unable to keep track of my finances.

Has the $128.32 that I spent in Woolies "disappeared", daggett?

Large bureaucracies have the same problems, only larger. That was what Rumsfeld was complaining about

>>OK, Professor Pericles, assuming that is me who is to be the subject, of your 'study' on "the inability to let go" syndrome, can you pease explain why you should not, instead, be the subject?<<

Again, all these assumptions.

What is, is.

Why should it bother you anyway, given these massive conspiracies that you are helping the world unravel. Or something.
Posted by Pericles, Sunday, 4 April 2010 10:12:37 AM
Pericles' 'explanation' of "the difference between $2.3 billion in transactions disappearing and not being able to keep track of those transactions" is playing games with words.

If he is able to work out, from his Credit Card statement what he spent his money on, whether or not he has his receipts, then, clearly the money has not gone missing. If, on the other hand, he cannot then it has gone missing, or as Donald Rumsfeld would have put it, he would have been unable to have kept track of those transactions.

However as every statement on a credit card statement, according to my understanding, at least shows to whom the money was paid, then none of the money would have gone missing in the strict sense of the word although it might be difficult to establish for what the money was paid.

The critical point remains, if the books were routinely cooked and up to a quarter of the Pentagon's budget was unaccounted for each year as Frank C. Spinney has alleged, then obtaining the funds to stage all 9/11 including the demolitions of the three WTC towers would have presented no insurmountable difficulty to the 9/11 conspirators.

---

Professor Pericles 'explains' why he should not be the subject of his 'study' of "the inability to let go" syndrome and I should be:

"What is, is."

Pericles, I am every bit as entitled to persist in this forum to uphold the truth as you are entitled to persist in this forum in order to uphold a lie.

So stop wasting everyone's time with your childish pretence of 'studying' what you pretend to have judged as psychologically aberrant behaviour on my part.

It is no more psychologically aberrant than your own.
Posted by daggett, Sunday, 4 April 2010 2:07:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26