The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Has Rudd bought the intelligentsia? > Comments

Has Rudd bought the intelligentsia? : Comments

By Marko Beljac, published 10/2/2010

When Robert Manne tells the Left that it should follow the 'social democratic Left' what he is really saying is, follow Kevin Rudd.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
At least the right are not apologists for state sponsored child abuse as are all left of centre pro feman-nazi intelligentsia.
Posted by Formersnag, Wednesday, 10 February 2010 2:16:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Has Rudd bought the 'intelligentsia'

Well it's his form isn't it?

He tried to buy popularity with many in the electorate by giving away our savings $1000 at a time.

And today he's tried to buy the TV stations with a strings free gift of $250 Mil. Now that will upset the ABC and I can just hear them crying foul ... just like all the other Rudd ass kissers.
Posted by keith, Wednesday, 10 February 2010 5:47:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rudd and Intellegencia is a true oxymoron.Kevin has a great memory but is devoid of any analytical capacity.

The man is a a narcissist in the true sense of the word.He chucked a wally in Afghanistsan because a blow drier was not at his beckon amd call.He berated an RAAF hostess because the food did not meet his expectations.He is all image and no substance.Perhaps he should have auditioned for AVATAR.

Kevin Rudd in my view is the most shallow man ever to have held the mantle of PM.He should hand the mantle over to Julia Gillard now and save some semblance of face and us the embarrassment of having him as our head of state.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 10 February 2010 8:30:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My comment re Andrew the DOLT was a sarcastic criticism.The Dolt belongs in the same rat-infested hole as Russ Limbaugh and all the other psychotics at Fox "news".

Meanwhile I am not really on the left. All of my opinions are informed by by understanding and appreciation of the Wisdom Teaching of the Spiritual Philosopher I quite often point to re politics and religion

This Philosopher is profoundly conservative but not at all right wing. Conservative in that He only Blesses and advocates whatever is truly conducive to both individual and collective well-being.

He also points out that there is essentially no real difference between the individual and the collective. Pointing out that EVERY individual (NO exceptions) is entirely a product of the dominant system, with every minute fraction of their existence-being, being patterned by the technocratic death-machine that now rules the world (what Lewis Mumford called the Invisible Megamachine).

As such we are all unconscious robotic monads - sleepwalkers. Even the so-called libertarians who pretend they are rebelling against the all powerful state

Never mind that corporations and big money now rule the world.

Neither is he left wing.

In terms of the state of the world in 2010 I find that many people on the left of the culture wars divide advocate ideas and organizations that are congruent with this Philosophers Wisdom Teaching--especially his Social Wisdom Teaching. Or put in another way, are neither left or right wing, but essentially life-positive in what they advocate and the COMPANY THAT THEY KEEP--that is the organizations that they directly associate with or link into.

For instance all of the organizations listed or featured on the GCF page that I pointed too in my first posting yesterday.

By contrast people on the right are more often than not associated with, and in one way or another advocate life-negative outfits and causes---while pretending otherwise.

The REAL TEST always being the company they keep.

You can either raise a fist and curse the darkness or light a candle and quietly do whatever you can to promote the culture of cooperation and tolerance.
Posted by Ho Hum, Thursday, 11 February 2010 12:44:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy