The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who will be the new Speaker of the House of Representatives?

Who will be the new Speaker of the House of Representatives?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Thanks Paul. You always make me laugh.
You've got a God-given talent and always
brighten my day.

I agree - filling Tony Smith's shoes is not going to
be easy. However you've mentioned some excellent people
that are worth giving a go to. I like Sharma. He seems
like a fair-minded and capable politician.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 17 November 2021 11:09:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well the results are in.

Kevin Andrews did go for the position as Speaker
but was defeated. Instead, a Queensland MP - Andrew
Wallace has been voted in as the new Speaker.

He seems to be a popular choice - and we can only
trust that he shall do a good job. He has big shoes
to fill in replacing the former Speaker - Tony Smith.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 23 November 2021 5:46:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Disgraceful behaviour by Morrison and Joyce during Question Time, carrying on like a pair of smart arse school boys in front of the class with a new novice teacher. Smirky grins, snide comments, at one stage Joyce said to the Speaker in a condescending way with a broad grin "How's I'm go'n" chuckle, chuckle. These pair in particular acted like a couple of third formers. Wallace didn't have the authority that he should have, and the lack of respect from the pair of clowns was terrible. Wallace could only say; "I don't want to eject anyone, as its only my first day as Speaker". There was Tony Smith sitting on the backbench, one can only imagine what he was thinking, as the pair of clowns turned the show into a three ringed circus, playing up to the audience.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 24 November 2021 6:08:45 AM
Hi Paul,

I don't watch "Question Time," any more.
So I'm glad that I missed this episode.
It sounds dreadful.

Hopefully Wallace will develop more self-confidence
and be better able to deal with things given more
time on the job. Being his first day - I guess he was
being cautious. But very unfair behaviour from the PM.
From Mr Joyce? Well, I guess no surprises there.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 24 November 2021 9:30:07 AM
Hi Foxy,

It was disgraceful behaviour from Morrison and Joyce. They just ooze conceitedness, sickening at times. We mentioned the dictators Xi, Putin etc, but even they don't go on like that in their sham parliaments. Boris Johnson is a clown but he at least has respect for the British Parliament. I felt embarrassed for Australia there was our PM and his deputy carrying like a pair of FW's. If Xi was watching I can only imagine what he was saying to his lackeys; "That one Morrison, Australia number one man, fool next to him number two man...what a couple of jerks, and they think we will take any notice of them, just idiots Australians."

p/s Albanese and Burke tried to maintain their decorum, and didn't join in the antics with the pair of clowns. I might not agree with Pauline Hanson, at least she speaks in the Senate with respect.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 24 November 2021 11:23:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy