The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Shock Terrorist Attack In New Zealand.

Shock Terrorist Attack In New Zealand.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 47
  9. 48
  10. 49
  11. All
My question is, what is Australia going to do about stopping the inevitable retaliation?
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 16 March 2019 12:30:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul1405,

What is really sobering is that NZ had been pretty much free of the threat of Islamic terrorism due not in a small part by the fact they were not involved in bombing in the ME. Yet this is where this loser chose to slaughter so many innocent people.

It will be interesting to see just how many Australians accept they have exported a terrorist, one in part radicalised in this country by those of the very ilk as many of the rightwing zealots who infest this forum.

Dear Shadow Minister,

Really?

Go read this bloke's manifesto. It was almost entirely a political document. The whole bloody country is banging on about right wing extremists, except for people like yourself who instead get defensive. Why do you think that is?

Not a single acknowledgement of the victims except for a number either. Again why do you think that is? Are you also lock step with a particular Australian senator in believing it is their fault? It would seem like it.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 16 March 2019 12:36:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405 Quote "what security precautions are taken in both countries regarding far right extremism."

Why signal out far right extremism, what about far left extremists or are they okay?
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 16 March 2019 12:50:19 PM
Opposition MP, Tony Burke has 'told’ the government that it has to ban Milo Yiannopoulos because of what happened in New Zealand. Idiot.

With the fuss about the incident among Australian politicians and other virtue signallers, one would think that it occurred here. Just because the terrorist is an Australian doesn't mean it's our problem. Let the Kiwis deal with it! Smarty pants Ardern was lecturing our PM a couple of weeks ago. She knows all the answers.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 16 March 2019 1:01:14 PM
Dear Paul,

Truly tragic news for New Zealand, for Australia,
for us all.

The media must also take part of the responsibility
for extreme actions like these. It only shows us what
can happen when certain groups are demonised. It can
influence people's behaviour.

I feel for the family members of this young man.
They too would be affected by his actions.

There's a new mosque near us that was to have an open house
and a sausage sizzle - next week-end.
I'm not sure if that will go ahead. I was going to go along.
It's very modern - and I've never been inside a mosque.
Perhaps I should give it a miss?
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 16 March 2019 1:03:51 PM
What Anning said:

“The real cause of bloodshed on New Zealand streets today is the immigration program which allowed Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place.

Let us be clear, while Muslims may have been the victims today, usually they are the perpetrators. World-wide, Muslims are killing people in the name of their faith on an industrial scale.

The entire religion of Islam is simply the violent ideology of a sixth-century despot masquerading as a religious leader, which justifies endless war against anyone who opposes it and calls for the murder of unbelievers and apostates.

The truth is that Islam is not like any other faith. It is the religious equivalent of fascism. And just because the followers of this savage belief were not the killers in this instance, does not make them blameless."
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 16 March 2019 1:43:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 47
  9. 48
  10. 49
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy