The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Out of Syria, is That Really a Problem ?

Out of Syria, is That Really a Problem ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All
Alrighty, my take:

I'm glad Trumps making plans to remove troops from Syria, and keeping his campaign promises.
With no congressional declaration of war or a UN mandate US and coalition troops should never have been there.
He is lying though; IS isn't defeated theres still about 30 thousand left.

As I said last week, I think Erdogan told Trump to remove US troops from Manbij or there would be dead US soldiers everywhere, and Trump decided he didn't want to face the prospect of dead serviceman.

Israel is displeased probably feels betrayed, (as are Trumps Neocon advisors) and I suspect the IDF attack on Damascus at Christmas was to try to illicit a response and create a reason for US forces to stay, although as for Netanyahu; there's nothing like a war to boost the polls and I've been half expecting them to invade Lebanon or uncork on Gaza again.

I'm sure Israel is frantically trying to get Trump to backtrack / leave forces in Syria.

The Iraqi's want US troops to leave as well.

Hey Belly,
"Do you understand his staff are, and have for some time,been leaving"
They're not his staff.
They're all holdovers from the Obama administration and many are compromised and loyal to Clinton and Obama, not Trump.
Trump learned the hard way that employees are't automatically loyal to the new boss.
- It doesn't work that way in Washington -

Hey Loudmouth,
"The Kurds have been doing most of the fighting against ISIS"
You mean fighting to steal oil and water infrastructure from Assad, that the rest of Syria relies upon economically?
Why do you think Syria had problems in 2011 in the first place?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 28 December 2018 8:32:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rand Paul summarises the issue:

"I’m going to start out with a grievance against the entire foreign policy establishment of Washington DC, who 2 years ago were swearing that Donald Trump was going to start multiple nuclear wars or something.

Now they are mad because he is STOPPING two wars. How about you just admit you hate the President, love war and have been wrong for the last 20 years on every part of foreign policy?

Consider that my Christmas present. You don’t have to get me anything else."

This cartoon summarises the dilemma suffered by Loudmouth and all the other TDS suffers... http://static.pjmedia.com/instapundit/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/warconundrum-534x800.jpg

When Trump lobbed a few missiles into Syria last year, LM and all the other Trump-haters were sure that he was about to start WW3. (they were also sure that the Chinese were moving 150K troops into Korea to oppose the US which was also wrong).
Now that he's doing what he always said he'd do and getting the US out of a war they don't need to be in, they've changed their collective minds. Oh dear!
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 28 December 2018 8:53:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC in the end your view like mine may be wrong
But truth will confront us both next year
Trump will fall, he bluffed people like you
But truth is he is very very shallow and at best a con man
Look to his country, his supporters, who are critical of this move
Understand my view is shared by many
And enjoy life with your eyes closed to international events find it in you to read open honest press about the Kurd,s
Posted by Belly, Friday, 28 December 2018 11:29:00 AM
Trump learned the hard way that employees are't automatically loyal to the new boss.
Armchair Critic,
Same here, no matter what Govt the public service is always Left.
That's why spending gets out of hand with a Labor Govt & perpetual criticism with Conservative Govt.
Posted by individual, Friday, 28 December 2018 12:01:04 PM
Individual,

Labor has to fix the cuts the Liberals make
to essential services - that's why they spend.
Get things into perspective old chap.
If it wasn't for Labor - you'd be in a very bad
way today. Be grateful! The Libs need to go -
they're past their use-by date. And the old
scare-tactics no longer work for most people
as the next election will show!
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 28 December 2018 12:11:20 PM
Just for the edification of those who are a few years behind the game and have failed to keep up with, let alone understand, the changes that Trump and his diplomacy has wrought in the M-E, this might give you a hint of how much you misunderstand and what's really going on in the world around you...

http://legalinsurrection.com/2018/12/saudi-arabia-and-uae-sending-troops-to-help-kurds-in-syria/

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/12/21/checkmate-saudi-crown-prince-mbs-sends-replacement-troops-to-defend-kurds-in-syria/

This might also help understand why Turkey and the US 'Deep State' were so anxious to attack the Saudis over Kashoggi
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 28 December 2018 12:23:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All