The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Work for the dole... a good story

Work for the dole... a good story

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Dear rehctub,

At least you are doing something positive to help those that
are genuine. And kudos to you for that.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 15 May 2018 3:49:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
FOXY's dead right BUTCH, {you're indeed, 'd man'} for persevering with these youngsters, and giving them a bit of mettle in themselves, and their own abilities. Thanks for that my friend.
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 15 May 2018 4:35:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good on you, Butch :)

Regards,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 15 May 2018 6:36:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, well, well, Butch!

A time for me to be magnanimous;

Based on your story, even this oft critic of yours, gives you a thumbs up for what you have done for one young person. Giving him a fair go, and a well deserved opportunity for the future, I say thanks. As for your claim that you might be human. Well this time we'll cast a yes vote, but that can always change.

Cheers Paul1405.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 15 May 2018 8:56:29 PM
Well done,

That young bloke will remember you all his life.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 15 May 2018 9:09:20 PM
Dear Butch,

My sister saw a casual position for weekend work advertised in her local butcher and came home to see if her just turned 15 yo would be interested, suggesting if he was he might pop down the next day and try his luck. He threw on his shoes straight away and was out the door in a flash and secured the job. Working 20 hours some weekends is not the best for his studies but his sense of independence has been thoroughly bolstered. So good on you.

And good on you too for not exploiting the cheap labour on offer through the use of dole workers that many businesses engage in without ever intending to offer ongoing employment.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 16 May 2018 9:50:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy