The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What A Circus!

What A Circus!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. All
Foxy and leoj,

I have to say that I find your 'therapeutic' responses to my sincerely held opinions – opinions held by some very well known and respected public figures – quite insulting. In future, I will just express my opinions and move on – if I bother. What passes for discussion on OLO is now, more than ever, juvenile point-scoring from people who think that they are re-delivering tablets for Moses every day, rather than just expressing their opinions.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 30 July 2017 11:13:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

No problems. Sorry if your were offended. It was not intended.
Posted by leoj, Sunday, 30 July 2017 11:15:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
leoj,

I guess that you must be used to insults
so compliments leave you baffled.

ttbn,

I did not mean to offend you. I meant
well, and genuinely tried to cheer you up.
Quoting John Greenleaf Whittier -
(PG Wodehouse):

"Of all sad works of tongue or pen, the saddest
are these 'It might have been.'
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 30 July 2017 12:23:41 PM
So now we have to arrive at the airport 2hrs befor a domestic flight.
I place the blame squarely on do-gooder ignorant leftists and deranged progressives, labor, the greens, non profits acting in a political context and any other piece of crap Aussie who supported multiculuralism as a good thing but ignored the fact that importing muslims is importing terrorism.
And I blame Baby Boomers too, those people got all the benefits now they are old, trying to be good and liberal and ruining whats left of the place.
You havent passed the country down to the young ones in the same condition you found it.
A lot of this stuff happened on their watch.
Now we need immigrants just to look after the enomy during Baby Boomers last years when we don't even have jobs for young people.

You know you're right ttbn, this country really is too far gone.
And sure it may be one of the best countries in the world but everyone else wanted to ignore us when we said we're heading strait down the path other destroyed countries have travelled and that we continue to follow makes us 100 times more stupid to ruin the place AFTER we see whats happened to other countries.

And for those who think we whinge, we just actually cared about the place that you all wanted to ruin in you do-gooder ignorance.
Now its every man for himself, this country is barely worth fighting for anymore.
Its a losing battle.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 30 July 2017 1:38:38 PM
http://www.australianculture.org/said-hanrahan-john-obrien/
Posted by leoj, Sunday, 30 July 2017 3:16:02 PM
AC,

Thanks for that. It's a bit annoying when you voice an opinion – any opinion – and it is decided that something is wrong with your mind. I'm in my mid-seventies, and I know how good Australia used to be, and I am still compos mentis enough to know what it is like now. We are steadily losing it.

I wonder how long it will be before Soviet-style 're-education' centres are operating. That will be the next brilliant idea for silly old coots.

I think that we have to bear in mind that, good as it is, OLO does not really reflect greater Australia; and I still have faith that the average Australian will do the right thing at the ballot box to rid us of the fools currently dragging the country down. It happened in the U.S, and there is no reason it can't happen here. The petulant, nasty screaming from the Left will be the same, but they have to tire themselves out eventually, just like all naughty, spoilt children.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 30 July 2017 3:16:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16