The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Renewables part in South Australia's network collapse

Renewables part in South Australia's network collapse

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. All
More of the same from a technoramus.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 11 October 2016 7:33:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Give him away, SM he has demonstrated that he is a Tom head.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 11 October 2016 9:22:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz, all you need to do is ask if you don't understand something, although the explanation I've offered so far is pretty straightforward. What is it you need clarified?

I realise I hurt your feelings earlier, but I've had the grace to apologise. It's a shame you haven't had the grace to accept, but such is life, it's up to you.

Silly name-calling is no substitute for a reasoned discussion. I taught my kids that when they were about 5.
Posted by Craig Minns, Wednesday, 12 October 2016 4:54:40 AM
Craig, I wasn't offended, it was just one of those things.
It was not all that important.
It is surprising this whole discussion has gone so long.
Incidentally the wind farms were shut down by the operators.
Detailed reason not yet available.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 12 October 2016 7:48:33 AM
Thanks for that, Bazz, I'm glad you've not taken it personally.

I'm not surprised the wind farms were shut down, what surprises me is that it wasn't done earlier. I don't know about the situation in SA, but here in Qld there are weather monitoring stations dotted all about the place and the BoM has an excellent doppler radar facility with 100+km range, so there's plenty of warning for those who care to look.

I can only assume there was a desire to maximise revenues that influenced the operators to push the envelope.

If the towers hadn't blown down they would no doubt have got away with it.

As an aside, what's a "Tom head"?
Posted by Craig Minns, Wednesday, 12 October 2016 8:03:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy