The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What does Australia Do when the oil runs low

What does Australia Do when the oil runs low

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. All
What Happens to Australia when world oil reserves run low ?

If I was in control of a Huge oil reserve would I sell it all
this is the case with a few middle eastern countries that atm are developing nuclear power, Me I would save the rest for my own country
Where does this leave Australia, We need A future Plan and start Planning and developing it now
Posted by Aussieboy, Sunday, 2 March 2014 10:40:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
when fuel runs out buy a joe fuel cell..[or make one]
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=JOE+FUEL+CELL+BYRON&ie=utf-8&o

the only modification you need make to the motor..is retard the trimming 15 degrees..THIS IS BECAUSE Uniquely joe gas HH2..IMPLODES..RATHER THAT EXPLODES..THE FUEL.
Posted by one under god, Monday, 3 March 2014 4:38:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Teach people horsemanship, breed more horses and use coal fired locomotives.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 3 March 2014 6:51:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Is Mise, that just won't work. Even as a horse lover, & breeder, I would not wish that on our cities. Have you read anything about the problems of horses fertilising our much smaller cities at the start of the auto era? With the number of horses you would require to supply a modern large city, you would need tens of thousands more just to get the manure out of them.

Still you don't have to worry Aussieboy, we have quite a bit of petroleum under central Queensland & the southern barrier reef, which I'm sure we will harvest some day, when required,

We also have huge reserves of oil & gas bearing shale, just waiting for fracking, enough to give us a century or more transport fuel, & supply the chemical industry with feed stock.

We have plenty of coal & uranium for electricity production, & if the stuff ever really hits the fan, we could get another century of transport fuel, by liquefying some of that coal. Germany ran a pretty successful war machine, powering their things with liquefied coal fuel.

Oz is in a very comfortable position regarding fuel supplies, provided we don't beggar ourselves mucking around with wind & solar tomfoolery
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 3 March 2014 8:25:29 PM
There are the Stirling Hot Air engines that will run on any source of heat, but not on Parliamentary Hot Air as the temperature never reaches an optimum level, possibly due to low energy levels at the source.

Stirling engines can use tallow and other animal fats as lubricants.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirling_engine
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 3 March 2014 8:32:42 PM
Hasbeen,

I see the horse as supplementary rather than a prime source, I still use one in preference to a motor bike or a quad, especially for hunting; so much quieter and the depth of water in the rivers never affects the performance.

Not, mind you, that I'd be really sorry to see Sydney disappear under horse manure!
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 3 March 2014 8:40:21 PM
Yes Is Mise I do see your point.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 3 March 2014 10:27:58 PM
Fewer babies = fewer wars = more resources = more oil. Quite simple.
Donate sterilising food to those who are either too ignorant or too selfish to curb their breeding & then expect others to deplete their resources to bail them out all the time. As the old adage goes you've got to be cruel to be kind. Let's put it to the test & if it doesn't work it'll reverta ll by itself anyway.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 6:48:40 AM
Come to think of it if we don't curb the fuel guzzling excesses of airline & other travel, motor sports, military exercises, the use of comfort providing fuel guzzling appliances etc. nature may just decide to give us more tsunamis & eathquakes from collapsing oil & gas cavities.
If we don't curb our useage nature will do it for us.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 6:56:01 AM
What does Australia Do when the oil runs low?

Open up the Longreach/Richmond oil fields.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 10:20:43 AM
While Australia is governed (?) by a party that in the main denies such inconvenient annoyances as climate change and peak oil, nothing is going to be done to prepare us for the effects.
However they will occur no matter how much they are denigrated and sniggered at. It would be a clever approach to prepare for this on an individual basis so that you will have some form of insurance.
The usual trite answer is "they will find and alternative" totally ignoring the fact that if there was one it would be in use now.
With the cost of oil rising, the big oil companies shutting down or selling off their Australian refineries and assets it is obvious even to blind Tony that something is in the wind.
Now would be the time to have a hard look at electric bikes for one way to keep you on the move.
They are reasonably priced, can be charged by home solar and can even carry small amounts of cargo.
Certainly they are a better proposition than the pie in the sky answers that are trotted out as in some of the posts here.
Posted by Robert LePage, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 12:00:30 PM
As an addendum to the previous post, it may be of interest that at the moment Australia imports 91% of it's oil now and will have to import 100% by 2020.
That gives you six years to face reality.
Posted by Robert LePage, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 12:03:38 PM
So Robert, what's wrong with us using our own oil?
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 2:07:17 PM
Hi there HASBEEN & IS MISE...

Why ever would we condemn a hapless horse to a life of everlasting servitude, by requiring the poor creature to live in a city like Sydney ? With some of the lousy crooks and garbage I've had to deal with, sitting majestically on the poor buggers back !

We may well possess significant oil and gas reserves contained in shale, ready for 'fracking', but Shell's just sold, and closed down their remaining Refinery at Kurnell. Therefore Australia's last remaining oil Refinery has ceased production. As a consequence we (Oz) now have to rely on all our petroleum needs to come from abroad.

Now that's a real nice state of affairs, both strategically and tactically, in military speak ! Thus, if we have a 'blue' with Indonesia, we may well have to meekly ask if we can purchase a litre or two of petrol from them ? Compliantly and submissively explaining to the Indonesian Generals of our fuel situation, before we can ever prosecute any sort of war with them ?

Nothing would surprise me, nothing !
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 2:50:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Too true o sung. I have advocated on a number of occasions that we should make it a condition for companies selling liquid fuel in Oz, that at least 50% of what they sell must be refined in Oz.

This is one area where we can provide jobs, without it costing anyone anything, other than the companies selling the stuff.

Once we have no refining capacity, just watch the price of the refined product sky rocket.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 3:09:48 PM
*So Robert, what's wrong with us using our own oil?*

It's nearly all gone
Posted by Robert LePage, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 3:41:42 PM
This is the second time recently that I have heard that Australia
imports 90% of our fuel. However our consumption is about 1Mbd and our
production is 450Kbd which is 45%.

o sung wu, Shell has sold the Geelong refinery and closed the
Sylvawater refinery in Sydney. The Caltex Kurnell refinery is still
operating but is due to be closed this year.

I hear reports of undeveloped fields in the Barrier Reef area and Jayb
mentions Longreach. Think about it, the oil companies have increased
their search and development capital expenditure by 50% to 80% but
their reserves have fallen.
That is a large expenditure for such a poor result.
They have reached the stage of selling assets so as to be able to pay dividends.

Why then when they have underused refineries here would they close
them if there were viable undeveloped oil fields here ?
It just does not make sense. I would suggest that the fields are too
expensive or too small to bother with them.
I am certain there are companies already active in the area like Linc Energy that would jump at them.

Many times I have read reports of oil fields that would be "massive"
or will be a bonanza etc etc but when you look at the figures and
divide them by 85,000,000 you find that they would supply the world
for about a month or perhaps even a week !
No you can bet with the world oil supply in the state it is in if
their was a sniff there you would be knocked down in the rush.

As for shale oil, properly known as tight oil, well that Ponzi scheme
is reaching its end after 5 or 6 years.
The Australian tight oil field around Coober Peady is being surveyed
by Linc Energy now, but the catch is where will the get the fracking water ?

No it is easy to jump at the sniff of oil, but reality is different.

Welcome to the Post Peak Oil World
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 6:39:05 PM
I was told once a long time ago that the Bass Straight Oil field is Heavy oil & unsuitable to make petrol. I don't know what type of oil is produced off WA.

The Longreach/Richmond field were found by the Yanks in 1944/45 & capped as reserves. I joined the Army in 65 with a bloke from a Cattle Station out that way. He said there were large concrete slabs everywhere on his fathers property marked with the type, depth of the oil, etc. He said they were on all the surrounding properties as well. I've never seen them myself. My long dead aunt came from Roma. When they discovered Oil & Gas there in the 60's she said that she had known about the Gas & oil since she was a child. She could understand what all the big surprise was about.

So I'd say they know exactly where the oil & gas is, it's just being kept a big secret. The 20, 50 100 year plan in advance that we're not supposed to know about. Things like the planed International Airport at Anthill Plains in Townsville. That's why when you buy a block of land out that way you sign a document to say you won't complain about the Aircraft noise. Everybody thinks it's the little training one on Golliwog Farm they are talking about.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 7:22:32 PM
Hi there BAZZ and HASBEEN...

Hi BAZZ...

Many thanks for correcting my erroneous claim that the Caltex Oil Refinery at Kurnell had already closed. Nevertheless, if we (Oz) don't watch ourselves, we're going to find ourselves without any oil at all ! Australia is a very large, and mostly under developed country, and our reliance on oil, in which to power our motor vehicles to travel large distances, is extremely necessary.

One doesn't need to be an 'actuarial fellow', to fully appreciate we do need our oil. In fact we have an indispensable necessity for our government to ensure we have sufficient oil reserves to power our nation for years to come, without relying on others abroad determining what quantities and at what cost, our needs are !

Hi (again) HASBEEN...

Absolutely ! Without any refining capacity we're at the mercy of overseas concerns who can charge us anything they like. Secure in the knowledge that our huge country needs oil in ever sense.

Naturally, our government realises this, and they're doing everything possible to ensure we retain some refinery capacity ? Like bloody hell they are, they're simply relying on our overseas 'friends' to deliver any and all our oil needs ? Will we ever learn ?
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 7:36:50 PM
o sung wu,

We probably won't.

I remember when we purchased weapons from Sweden (IIRC) and because they didn't like us being involved in Vietnam, they wouldn't sell us any ammunition to use there.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 8:01:39 PM
Jayb, there are 100s of thousands of dry capped wells around the world
and some no doubt would have been able to produce some oil but not
enough to be economic. If they are viable, why would they be drilling
in 5000 to 10000 feet of water then go down 5 miles under the sea bed,
risk blowouts like the BP Horizon disaster, dig up bitumen in Canada
heat it with natural gas, struggle to get oil & gas out of tight oil
which requires continuous drilling to keep up with decline rates of 50%
a year, the Red Queen syndrome, a real Ponzi scheme, go up into the
Arctic, when all they would have to do is truck their pumps to Longreach
and lo and behold $Billions !

Sorry,there are other companies, including Linc Energy at Chinchilla,
operating in the area. Do you think they would not know about the
area and apply to have the leases transferred to themselves because
they have been undeveloped. I just don't believe the Queensland Govt
would refuse.

I just don't see it !
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 9:13:50 PM
O Sung Wu said;
Absolutely ! Without any refining capacity we're at the mercy of overseas concerns who can charge us anything they like.

Indeed but it is worse than that.
Imagine you are a screen jockey for an Australian oil buyer.
You place an order for a tanker load of petrol & diesel (we are importing 100%) from Singapore and the phone rings;
It is your bosses boss in London or New York and he says drop that
order we want it.

What do you do ?

They won't just screw us on price they will starve us !

It is the overseas attitude to Australia, they do it every day.
Take the Nissan price of the Leaf electric car $51,500, $21000 more
than the US price.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 9:25:43 PM
Don't know Bazz. That's what I was told 50 years ago. You may be right. I know they do hold "Future Stocks" in emergency reserve which is fair enough I suppose.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 9:31:44 PM
Aussie Boys original question was;
What Happens to Australia when world oil reserves run low ?

Actually the problem is not reserves but production.
It is the size of the Tap not the size of the Tank.

We will gradually get higher petrol & diesel prices until demand drops
and the price will stabilise at a new price point.
However the new price level reduces the level of economic activity.
This is the zero growth era.

World trade will contract to very low levels, in that only high value
low weight products will trade internationally.
All trade will become local. Repair of electrical equipment will again
become economic.

International travel will be too expensive for the average person.
Interstate travel will be by electric train. Branch lines will be
powered by gas engined locomotives.

I would not expect any problem with electricity supply.
Coal can be hauled by electric locomotives.

The biggest problem we will have is food production.
Farmers will have priority for diesel or CNG and trucks delivering to
the silos will have the same priority.
I have seen one figure on food production & delivery.
Every calorie of food requires 100 calorie of oil.

All my musing above is the first era effects.
There are differing opinions on what happens next.
There are system collapse studies that show that complex systems such
as our industrial economic civilisation is a very complex society and
that it will collapse very suddenly.

The Egyptian society collapsed fairly slowly but Rome collapsed
faster, in a hundred years instead of a thousand years.

Well Aussie Boy does that answer your question ?
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 10:04:15 PM
Jayb, the OECD requires all member countries to hold in tanks reserves
of three months consumption. Australia ignores that & holds a minimum.
The NRMA report shows how much we hold, about three weeks from terminal
to service station to car tanks. The refineries when open held another
three days.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 10:11:37 PM
Treasury’s last Inter-generational Report contains, hidden away on page 91, a simple stunning statement: Australia’s oil will be gone by 2020. The timing could not be worse. By 2020 Peak Oil is likely to have rendered oil imports precarious and costly. And without oil, modern civilisation doesn’t work.
Posted by Robert LePage, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 8:43:14 AM
I think that would be too early Robert.
Possibly enough for emergency services provided of course that there is
at least one refinery operating. The BP refinery in WA, may not be closed.
The remainder could be reserved for plastics and medical purposes.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 11:09:29 AM
`its worth pointing out/there are many fakers out there
[I FOLLOWED The youtube link..but that werNT..THE JOE
this is the 'real joe'..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoHhD8VnVek
anyhow im more into magnetic moters..ie just using magnets
AND GO TO WATCH JOE PLAYING WITH Magnets..[i did favorite the proper JOE CELL UNDER IONEUNDERGOD..[sorry ioneundergod]..or 1undergod1..and a few other variants of 1undergod..before giving up vidio watching..to begin blogging.

the FLUID FROM THE JOE CELL DOES MUCH [FROM NEUTRALIZING RADIATION]
to powEring a bog standard..mazda..to set speed records..anyhow im over it[but pro hart had two cars running on it[i think a wreckers in the broke hill dun it...but pro would have enjoyed the proving of it by doing it himself.

SORRY I JUST GOT VISIONS..OF ALL THEM HORSES
WHEN THE FUTURE IS MORE ELECTRIC scooters...and electricle assist bies..[scooters]..to zip between transportation centers...buT ASSIST BIKES CANT TRAVEL.
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 11:55:39 AM
'afternoon to you BAZZ...

You know my friend you paint a truly awful picture concerning the future of our oil reserves and future supplies ?

From what you say, we here in Oz could conceivably run short of our basic fuel requirements in just a few short years or so ? My question to you, secure in the knowledge that you'll be unable to answer of course, what are our elected politicians doing about it ?

Given this global oil shortage is a catastrophic event just waiting to happen, why on earth aren't our politicians instituting some rudimentary forward planning now ? Perhaps introducing some elementary quota system, in order to accommodate this imminent shortage while we're still in a position to plan correspondingly ? At least, we should be developing urgent stratagems so we can guarantee fuel supplies for all our defence needs, together with adequate supplies for our emergency services ? To me, this is just basic stuff, I reckon !
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 4:48:39 PM
Well Osung Wu, there is a Federal plan to control fuel supplies in an
emergency, I have a copy here somewhere, but there is no rationing plan
already prepared. The plan enables the government to seize all supplies
and have them released how ever the minister decides.
I enquired whether there was a NSW state plan to control the public at
service stations and or allocate particular service station for
emergency vehicles and allocate Police to control access at service
stations where fuel was available.

Nothing, absolutely nothing.
I asked about fuel for food distribution and again nothing.

I was told quite clearly that it is a Federal matter.
Even if there was a riot at a service station as has happened previously.
Well yes they could call for police.

So I can affirm that there is absolutely no forward planning.
I have raised the matter with two Federal politicians and the NSW
Premier, but the uniform reply is that no problem is expected in the forseeable future.

I guess that phrase is an all purpose get out clause.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 5:38:05 PM
Hi (again) BAZZ...

Whether there's an imminent shortage or not, it makes good sense to prepare earlier rather than later, with your 'back to the wall'? Surely some politician can see this strategy, or is it now government policy to put your 'head in the sand' and hope it all goes away ?

Were we not once referred to as the 'Smart Country ' ? Many thanks BAZZ.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 7:06:52 PM
BAZZ..THE KEy bit is here
Without any refining capacity we're at the mercy of overseas concerns who can charge us anything they like...OR BUY 'crude'....FROM US..OR not..[IF NO ONE[NO REFINERY]..IS BUYING IT..IT WILL JUST SIT..THERE TILL THEY WANT IT.

IN THE MEANTIME..THEY GOT A GREAT FRANCHISE
and an artificial scarcity..a great unholy monopoly GLOBALLY

HENCE THE URGENT NEED TO KILL THEIR business model
The first thing to realize when attempting to understand the nature of Joe's Energy Cell is that many of the precepts and rules of conventional science do not apply. This cell does not operate according to the conventional rules of physics.

http://educate-yourself.org/fe/fejoewatercell.shtml

It's necessary to approach this material with an open mind and to be prepared to entertain novel ideas that often run contrary to conventional scientific thought. Essentially, Joe had discovered a unique and simple way to capture Orgone energy (explained later in this article). The Joe Energy Cell is NOT a hydrogen fuel cell. It's an Orgone Energy Accumulator in which water is acting as the medium which captures the orgone and allows it to be transduced into the engine.

Skepticism
Some people react with immediate disbelief when first confronted with information about the Joe Cell. Such individuals find skepticism a comfortable refuge. It's easy to be a skeptic...intellectually lazy, hopelessly self satisfied and arrogant.

Almost without exception,..a skeptic jumps to the simplistic conclusion that if he hasn't heard about it or if the new information opposes ideas which he has been taught in school, then the concept being offered must be invalid! Of course,..evidence offered by hands-on experimentation is seen most often in skeptical professionals of the academic persuasion....Most physics professors are solidly married to their ego and 'woe be' to anyone who attempts to question their consecrated,..anointed opinions of the universe.

My advice is not to waste your time trying to convince skeptics or knuckle heads married to conventional science why the Energy Cell works. They will only attempt to discourage you. Just build one and see for yourself. It's not really important to understand why it works. The point is- it works!
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 7:33:03 PM
Maybe the idea is to scrap the very old technology & start again with the latest modern stuff. Just a thought. Nah, just kidding.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 7:41:35 PM
OUG,

List me among the skeptics!!

"Here are some of the attributes listed on Peswiki
https://www.google.com.au/#q=peswiki

The water in the cell is not consumed.

The cell runs cold to the touch.

It takes a period of time before the engine will run from the cell. It then has an erratic power output and works in an intermittent fashion.

When the cell is removed from the car, the engine takes an appreciable time to return to "normal" and run from the original fuel.

If the cell is left in the car for a long period, the engine becomes "charged". From this point, the cell is not required for the motor to run.

All spark plug leads can be removed and the engine will still run as long as the ignition coil and distributor remain functional.

The output of the cell does not have to be connected to the internals of the engine. A close external coupling will do.

The cell requires the "charging" of the water to work.

The requires a specific style of construction, little understood by most constructors.

The source of power for the cell and its use has great value for some individuals. These individuals are creating misinformation, cloaking operations and inducing fear in cell constructors.

Human presence can affect the operation of the cell in a positive or negative way."

The last one is a beauty, the presence of skeptics stops it from working.

ROFL!
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 8:31:55 PM
Ah! Sure now it most be roight!
"Steorn, of Dublin Ireland, claims to have discovered a technology that produces "free energy" that could transform the renewable energy sector, providing clean, continuous, reliable, safe, affordable energy for the world. They have essentially two iterations of the effect: an all-magnet motor technology as well as an elecromagnetic overunity technology.".

Faith an' begorrah, that's Oirish technology fer ya.
I well remember a distant cousin of mine who converted a conventional steam car to run on air, 'an it worked, only trouble was that the petrol engine runnin' th' compresser to supply th' air cost a lot to run.
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Steorn_Free_Energy
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 8:44:01 PM
OUG,

I followed the link that you gave and, incidentally, plagiarized, you really should give credit where it is due.

You ought to have quoted this bit as well

" (Today, it is clear why the ether theory was so vigorously and thoroughly debunked by academicians in the first half of this century.[20th] They were getting their marching orders from the hidden hand of the Illuminati, which included the above mentioned Rockefeller and Morgan families. The Illuminati had infiltrated the highest ranks of academia in the United States in the opening decades of the current century through the efforts of Fabian Socialists. The suppression of information concerning ether-born energies continues to this very day)

So, it was the Catholics and the Freemasons that did the dirty on us and kept us from all that Free Energy,
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 9:10:35 PM
Ah, OUG, how does it run in your car ? Does it perform well in cold weather ?
Does it dilute the oil ?
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 9:19:28 PM
o sung wu, I think we are OK till 2017 but after that as the Bakken &
Eagle Forge tight fields start their decline and that added to the 4%
decline of conventional fields we will be seeing about an overall 5% decline.
It will take a few years after that before it could cause a GFC Mk2.
It took from 2005 to 2008 before peak oil caused the GFC.

There seems to be a rider on that however and it is a financial catch22.
If interest rates in the US increase, the finance for drilling may dry
up very quickly and reduce the tight oil drilling virtually instantly.
They seem to be worrying about that on Wall St because the profitability
of the tight fields is marginal.
However if interest rates stay near 0% then it will continue and their
will be a search for more fields like the above. There seems to be a
lot of pessimism about their chances.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 9:39:48 PM
A bit of simple arithmetic.

World consumption of oil = 89 million barrel per day.
Decline rate 4%.
89,000,000 x 4% = 3.560000 barrels decline per day each year.
Saudi Arabian production 9.3 Mbarrels per day.
9.3 / 3.56 Mbarrel per day = 2.61 years

That is every 2.6 years we have to find another Saudi Arabia.
This would just keep our heads above water and not allow China to
increase its consumption without the rest of us surrendering some oil.

Bit dodgy isn't it ?
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 9:55:32 PM
Bazz: World consumption of oil = 89 million barrel per day.
Decline rate 4%. 89,000,000 x 4% = 3.560000 barrels decline per day each year.

Bazz that consumption & that's going up. You can't take the decline from the consumption You have to take it from the total production.

Bazz: Saudi Arabian production 9.3 Mbarrels per day.

That's a decline of 372000 Barrels a day in Saudi Arabian production.

Is the 4% decline an average over the total World production or just the Saudi oilfields? The total world production in 2010 was 80 Mbarrels. I consumption is now 89Mb then production has increased 3Mb per year. Not declined.

However if Total World Production of Oil is around 95 Mb (2010) & declining at 4% than that 3.8Mb. & a negative of .8Mb.

With a global consumption increase of 4% on your 89Mb. that's 3.58Mb.

We passed the decline in production & increase in consumption in about July 2012.

2010. 95-.8, -.8 -.8, -.8 = 91.8Mb. Production. 2014.
2013. 89+3.58, = 93.4Mb. Consumption. 2014.

Something like that. ;-)
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 11:04:53 PM
ISSIE/QUOTE..<<..Human presence can affect the operation of the cell in a positive or negative way."

The last one is a beauty, the presence of skeptics stops it from working>>

I FAIL TO SEE..the joke..we are talking about a substance
that sounds much like the antimatter/higgs boson/darkmatter..that so eludes science..yet science claims..'must exist'..yet science cant find.

you will note..HOW YOU HAD TO CHANGE..the words to extract the ridicule
we are talking here of aether..ANTIMATTER..[as matter changes state..it emits heat/or takes it in..in aether..the gas state implodes..in petrol..it explodes]..for people of THE OPPOSING AETHER/NAIR THE TWAIN SHALL MEET...

thus it will work..for those in synche..with the right vibe/just like a unified field..in electricity stands or falls..dependent upon external factors..its not for me to explain to you why your attitude drives it away...its your vibe..your too much into the material..to even begin figuring IT OUT.

I COULD LOOK INTO MY MIND TO EXPLAIN..BUT KNOW YOUR NOT TAKING IT SERIOUSLY..so does the emotive energies we each released..in lifes many..emotive outpourings....of wasted energy..our many lives have emitted out into the aether...MINDLESSLY.

think of it as being like a magnet..[but because your a north pole person..you interfere..with the magnetism/recall if you will HOW MAGNETIC AND NON MAGNETIC materials HAVE 90 degrees of sepperation
a point joe tries to clarify..in his many vidios..WITH MAGNETS.

WHY DO SOME GET SICK
AND MANY OTHERS DO NOT..?
wHY DO SOME 'GET IT'..AND OTHERS NOT?
WHO CARES...some find out and TEST..tHINGS..out foir themselves..others dont..[no skin off my nose either way/

and if your content...with frEE PETROL..why bother explaining anything to anyoNE..[CAUSE to some it will be nonsense..to others it will clarify much]..to others little...you can lead a horse but you cant make em thinK..to any WHORSE..its pearl before swine/

those meant to know find out/those not meant to know wont..[its just wasted emotion crying about thyne own personal MAGNETISM.]..HAVING A MAGNETIC VIBE AS OPPOSED TO a non magNETIC VIbe...

IT MISSED BY JUST 90 DEGREES.
to some the reality is the fiction...we get as we gave.
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 6 March 2014 5:32:59 AM
*Surely some politician can see this strategy, or is it now government policy to put your 'head in the sand' and hope it all goes away ?*

I am sure that their strategy is to win the next election and whoever gets stuck with the problem when the music stops will be out of the game.
This is the whole point, the pollies we have really consider it all a "big game" and the winners will have the most power, the biggest houses, the most perks .
The idea of actually doing something for the proles and providing a safe environment for the people that will come after them is beyond them.
Posted by Robert LePage, Thursday, 6 March 2014 7:35:47 AM
OUG,

I'm interested in learning, now I've been reading about Joe's power plant and it seems that the "power" implodes and sucks instead of pushing, so wouldn't the car engine run backwards?
If it runs backwards then the gearbox would be reversed as well, giving the car one forward speed and a number of reverse speeds.

Bit inconvenient but I suppose that one can get used to anything.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 6 March 2014 7:53:43 AM
DE'MISE..mate implosion..means the piston gets sucked up
by a vacuum/cooling..rather than pushed down..via explosion/heating.

the engine runs as per normal/the timing is simply corrected that it fires on the up stroke rather than the down stroke..

BUT HECK BELIEVE AS YOU WILL/LIKE YOU SAID
YOU CAN GET USED TO GOING BACKWARDS..[I CANT]
I DONT CARE EITHER WAY..PS IM UNSUBSCRIBING THE TOPIC
TRY LEARNING TO CHANGE YOUR WAY OF THINKING..LIKE WE ALL HAD TO
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 6 March 2014 8:34:38 AM
Jayb:
Well consumption has to equal production as any storage would fill up
very quick or we would have shortage everywhere.
Saudi production has been constant for a few years now. They have
throttled back as they put it to save for future generations.

The 4% decline is conventional production which is less than total at
around 72 Mbd. However there is some decline in non conventional.
Some also add heavy oil from Venezuela in as conventional.
Note all these figures are rubbery as different people have different
definitions on what is oil. The 90 Mbd figure you often see includes
all liquids such as gas well liquids that are not normally sent to refineries.

The tight oil production while becoming bumpy has not yet started its
decline but will between now and 2017.
Watch the drilling rig count.

Nevertheless, somewhere between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 years we need to put
into production another Saudi Arabia. There should have been found
one about 2008 and another about 2011 and then another about now !
It has not caused a problem because the US tight oil has given us a
breather, but that is ending.

Either way there is a major problem coming over the horizon.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 6 March 2014 9:04:21 AM
Fair enough Bazz. I guess the GW will do some good. It'll open up Siberia & Canada for oil as well as food production. Maybe that's where the New Saudi will come from. If the Greenies let them open it up.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 6 March 2014 10:55:12 AM
wmtrev/quote..<..Here you go OUG... I remember you introduced this a few years ago (and thought it then an unlikely power source coming any time soon), but don't let my faith it is a con dissuade you:

http://
LINK BROKEN/..AS ITS A FAKE
please note MY 2 DE POST..there are <many fakers out there

www.moe-joe-working.com/Moe-Joe-Cell/Moe-Joe-Cell-Store/cartlist.php

<<..Let us know the results of your experiments. Just be forewarned that there is no product performance or money-back guarantee on the devices.

If results are less than expected you can, conveniently,
use the cell to feel better about it all...>>

IN-CONVENIENTLY..ITS FAKE*
go figure big petrol dont like the REAL THING
so has spent years poisoning the well/lets face it money TALKS

<<>.
http://www.
moe-joe-working.com/Moe-Joe-Cell/moe_joe_cell_healing.html

wm THEN GOES ON to reply the joke..
HAMMY CREATION/THREAD
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=16038&page=0

<<Of course to be really impressive..the modified cars wouldn't require batteries or petrol/diesel would they?>>

the joe cell can make 3 types of gas
IT DEPENDS IF YOU NEED DOUBLE THE POWER..AND WHAT GAS YOUR CREATING[SEE THE LINK]>>

<<..Besides which orgone energy would be unsafe as drivers should keep both hands on the steering wheel.

THAT REPLIES PERCULES JOKE
rgon gas is like any gas..[as nutty yahoo says]..gas go boom
the type of gas determines if your first movement..of THE EAR DRUM..IS IN[exploding/PRESURE=methane.hydrogen]..or out means a imploding vacuum=joe gas/ORGOn or browns gas..also called aether/darkmatter..or god particles
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 6 March 2014 5:22:55 PM
OUG,

You've covinsed me, where can I buy a Joe powered car?
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 6 March 2014 7:46:23 PM
OUG,

Hang on there a minute; I've just read a scholarly treatise on the Joe Cell and it says "....When the timing of the ignition is delayed, the engine will not run. Running on Orgone energy will require an advanced timing. Engines running on hydrogen or gas will keep running even when the timing of the ignition is late."

You said that the timing had to be delayed and here's another expert saying that the timing has to be advanced.

I'm confuzzed.

See: http://www.soulsofdistortion.nl/Joe_Cell.html

and get really confuzzed!
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 6 March 2014 8:03:07 PM
>>What does Australia Do when the oil runs low<<

Sort out a hydrogen economy very quickly: we have the capital and we have the know-how, but we won't have the motivation while fossil fuels are still so cheap and plentiful.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Thursday, 6 March 2014 9:01:00 PM
Good evening to you ROBERT LePAGE...

When you consider it, it's all a rather bleak picture ? Every three years or so, our political masters appear from wherever and utter promise after promise, extolling to all who'll listen, their many virtues, in order to encourage us to again, vote for them ?

We are told ad nauseam, they are the only reliable group you can trust to protect us from whatever dangers that may be lurking about out there ? Yet, as this emerging energy crisis approaches, which has been clearly articulated from BAZZ, we're apparently close to running out of oil within a couple of years or so ?

Rather then immediately initiating some emergency procedures, in order to attempt to conserve necessary fuel stocks, our politicians are collectively ignoring this emerging energy crisis, and they're all apparently wasting their time on some other inane exercise, or so it would seem ? Ah well, at least they'll be able to access fuel whenever needed ?
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 6 March 2014 9:30:41 PM
ismise..i post the links so people can reference the links
THE LINKS SHOULD BE TAKEN AS CORRECT AT ALL TIMES

[just to write these 3 lines has taken 10 minutes]..IM TOO BUSY TRYING TO WRITE WHAT MY MIND HAS HAD TO VISUALIZE TO RECALL..[that last line took 3 minutes]..To sort into posting mode]..

im so busy trying TO CORRECT THE ERRORS /BY SPELL CHECK..ETC ..TO BOTHER RE READING THE posts endlessly..[wow thaT TOOK LESS THAN 1 MINUTE]..THUS PREFER THE LINKS..and cut and paste

ITS REALLY GETTING TOO MUCH..Trouble to post
but thanks for finding the link..FORTUNATELY READING [comprehension]..IS RELATIVELY EASIER THAN POSTING
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 6 March 2014 10:38:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy