The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is someone willing to give cigarettes the butt?

Is someone willing to give cigarettes the butt?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Pericles,

State and Federal government policies - they simply don't have anything serious.

This whole matter re phasing out smoking has got nothing to do with slapping a totalitarian label on anyone. It's just simply living on certain things (like the Federal tobacco tax) and lack of leadership.

Adelaide City Council has banned smoking in Rundle Mall. A fantastic policy. Why? There's no money for them to lose and as a result policy independence. Find out more here - http://www.adelaidecitycouncil.com/council/media-centre/media-releases/its-official-rundle-mall-is-now-smoke-free/
Posted by NathanJ, Tuesday, 21 January 2014 12:21:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Paul1405! my recent health history will one day make a good movie in the carry on style, how about that? carry on Belly.
2004 very sick Doc on third visit in a week told me he needed to change my medicines [I was not on any!]I had pneumonia!
2008 told for third time I had cancer, but not known where.
Every test in the world, constant assurances I was not going mad blood tests concerned a list of Doctors but?
Still trying, them not me, kidneys need watching not good at all, anemic but have been for near ten years.
Look the autopsy will find it mate.
A stoic beggar I am OK and quietly amused at the weekly information day at some Doctor or others surgery, I answer questions they have only one answer we will find it!
Sorry old mate OUG you flog a long dead road kill in an effort to get it to its feet.
Have no doubt if I had not stopped smoking it would have killed me long ago.
Living long enough to own my own home and put my jungle/garden in place more than makes up for no longer trying to kill myself smoking.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 21 January 2014 2:51:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BELLY..you..sir..haVE seen..how the quacks..are incompetent.

IF you reaD my links..you would know hOW..colonscopy is spreading antibiotic resistance bacteria..just by LOOKING..into the pOOP shUTE.

YOU WILL have notED..sorry..could have..noted much
instead..you jump on me..and encourage others to jump on mE..even..[ban me etc]..JUST for telling..SORRY..trying to reveal home-truths..

like go figure..the lobby..gets..thEIr SAY
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542367/The-sugar-tsars-bed-confectionery-giants-Five-members-committee-tasked-battling-obesity-epidemic-worryingly-close-ties.html

PEOPLE LIKE..THE LUNG/mob..get ontO..THE job..of doing/their job

your..AN outside guy..while you/were getting skin cancer/risk..on the road..i was inside..the power plant..in the asbestos dust/MIXED With coal dust..driving diesal forklifts..in tiny/storage sheds..for day on end/Rotating stock...AND FLESHING..HIDES.

mate its almost..liKE you forget..the workers being slow killed..by their jobs..sure there are telecom..PITS..made from..ASBESTOS+..they are now refusing to..put kruds nbn into..but When..the telicom workers were..putting them in..no one cared..about it..*then

then*..the UNIONS TRUSTED..the boss..[do it or LEAVE]

you forget..the diggerS..cleaning out..the f-111 tanks..WHO GOT SICK AND DIED..you forget..EVERY bad chemical..was handled/repeatedly by 'a worker'

thing is..in a just world..they could sue..someone
but..in this world..they say..you did it/by smoking

mate..think of the tar/fumes..you breathed in..think OF THE/DUST..you breathed in..think of..your dirty work Grimed hands..putting in pesticide..AS THE Dust/poison..WENT ONTO..your sanger/*SMOKO

THING IS..Mate..read the..'other'..causes..and SEE..HOW MANY/OF those you handled..but..NO/..ITS easier to say..its smoking..[THAT way/you cant sue..and they can..tax you..instead of you/getting your DUE*]

its..a waste/of TIME..even trying to explain..[to you]..WHY YOU BEen tricked..let alone how..thing is belly..you were/chosen..especially because..you were..SO SMART..we/THEY..like clever peoPLE..LIKE YOU..

WE love.how you are..so loyal/trusting..they PREY..ON YOU..FAITH.[LOYALISTS]..dont over-think.

mate..it..Is possible..you been tricked
just so..we cant sue the boss...just so we..cant sue..'tHEM'...you so rabidly/FAITHFULLY/Consistently..defend..

[its sad pauL..HASNT..replied..hE too..COULD simply/reveal names/details..and places..his mates were slow killed..by..just because..THEY protested..in the WRONG/pLACE

mate..ya heard of..cancer clusters..AT ABC ETC
well thats..how it is..our workplaces..can/do..kill us
then THEY GET..A SCAPE GOAT..and say..'you caused it..to yourself'.

its futile to..try to explain..the facts..to those..SELECTIVITY-ignorant..OF THE TOPIC..you smoked..MOST OF YOUR LIFE..[ONE SMOKE CAN..KILL?][bulldust].

you worked with..many POISONS..from ddt..to asbestos..and
yOU DIDNT GET..LUNG CANCER..[THINK why]
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 22 January 2014 6:45:07 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Calm down mate, drop the caps please, do you know I question my own far less frequent, use of caps to highlight?
I am not and never will try to get others to dump on you.
Or am I trying to get you banned OUG I see how important this site is to you, and understand it is just as needed by many here .
I consider you a mate.
But a mate who truly values his mate MUST BE THE ONE TO TELL HIM/HER
You are doing your self no favors with abuse [computer wide it is named that] of caps.
Mate I understand your defense of smoking, it is your right to think as you wish.
Just as it is mine to say rubbish my friend.
My posts got better, maybe not good enough, when I started to spend more time editing them that writing them, keep well mate.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 22 January 2014 5:40:48 PM
According to environmental clean-up reports, cigarette butts are the Number 1 littered item on U.S. roadways and the Number 1 item found on beaches and waterways worldwide. Yuk.

There was a lot of cleaning up of cigarette butts after New Years Eve.

The environmental damages of this are very serious - let along the toxic impacts on people!
Posted by NathanJ, Thursday, 6 February 2014 3:29:53 PM
nathan//>>..The environmental damages of this are very serious - let along the toxic impacts on people!>>

yes i stood upon a cigarette butt once
it near blew off half my foot

my boot was so smelly..i had to burn it
i once received a ciggie burn so bad doctors had to cut off my fun arm...dont forget the lighter flash burns,,3 rd degree it can BLIND YOU...avert ya eyes there goes another one/

incomming incomming..warning warning
look out will robinson

i blame the air pollution ..of my burning shoe on smokers
i would much rather stand on dog poop..now that sure smells better than dirty butt stink.

OR i love walking on them free needles govt gives to them druggie users that buy that from cia [aphgan drug supply/inc]

mate i could clean up every butt..in FEW SECONDS
just offer 5 cents each for them..[that would only add two buck of the 30 dollar extra per pack..we pay now
and shut up igno*rants as well

if nicotine is so 'deadly..why..IS govt subsidizing the addictive stuff in chewing gum?..[so chemists can clean up on the ciggie cash flow?]

do you know how much wild fish die from the chemicals in our urine
boy fish become girls

mate you got any idea how poisonous the runoff
off a road puts into the ocean[you know the asbestos dust from brakes..the oil leaking from the car..the burnt lead free..but carcinogenic/fuel..the diesel micro particulate..the battery acid

yep ban cars they are killing the wildlife too
plus you iner city muggins..even the farmers sitting in their sheds

man butt out
stop drinking it rots ya brain[why do drunks get so holier than thou?
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 6 February 2014 6:31:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy