The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Do we ban the religion, or just wait for the inevitable to happen here.

Do we ban the religion, or just wait for the inevitable to happen here.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 67
  9. 68
  10. 69
  11. All
<< …let's face it, it's the religion that causes the problem, not so much the people. >>

You reckon, rehctub?

It’s a small number of terribly misguided individuals and small groups that cause the problem, not the religion. These people claim to be acting in accordance with their religion. But they aren’t. They hold extreme and quite perverted interpretations of their religion.

Trying to ban Islam from Australia wouldn't help. It would do just the opposite - it would greatly accentuate the 'us-and-them' mentality and the feeling of unrest within the resident Muslim community, with the probable result of considerably increased conflict.
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 9:32:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
oops..from
http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=15687&page=0

<<a gaping loop hole..and made
a mockery of our federal laws...>>

rubbish..
but..

<<Those..opposing the Syrian government..did not want their sons to slip down this hole,..as virtually all embraced Australia..to flee from war...Those supporting the Syrian government..also opposed this loop hole..because of their general concern..over foreign mercenaries and..terrorists allied with al Nusra and al Qaeda.

One Arabic language newspaper..declared that Australia's inaction on this loophole..was driven by another policy:..good riddance to bad rubbish.

If the Australians are helping..to topple the Syrian regime, then this..is in line with the Australian partisan policy..and Bob Carr's suggestion of a presidential assassination.

If these Australians.are killed in combat,..then that
*character..never belonged..*in our country,..so either way we win.

When David Hicks was participating in para-military training in Afghanistan in 2001, the US Military Commission charged him with 'providing material support for terrorism' and he was detained in Guantanamo Bay until 2007.

But when other Australians participate in military activities in the plethora of pro and anti-government 'brigades', they return home to a hero's welcome.

The current law is articulated by the Department of Foreign Affairs travel advise: "it is illegal under Australian law for Australian citizens, including dual citizens, to provide any kind of support to any armed group in Syria.

This includes engaging in fighting for either side, funding training or recruiting someone to fight … Australians who commit these offences while overseas may be prosecuted in Australia" with heavy fines and maximum 10 years imprisonment.

So why has there not been a single arrest, prosecution of conviction reported to the Australian public since the alarm bells were sounded?

Too many of these Australians publicly claim to be offering humanitarian aid to the Syrian refugee epidemic, but their Facebook photos show them posing proudly with guns.
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 9:57:02 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As I argue here you cannot be a muslim and be moderate:

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=5962&page=0

There are only 2 types of muslims; active and non-active jihadists; all muslims want sharia law and their values to prevail. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either a fool or a muslim.

Islam in the West could be quarantined in so many ways using existing laws especially conspiracy and sedition related laws, not to mention criminal laws dealing with the abuse of children and women.

Failure to start taking a hard line agains Islam will inevitably result in Australia being like other Western nations where once islam numbers exceed about 5% of the population severe civil unrest and enclaving occurs.

Islam is a blight not a religion.
Posted by cohenite, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 9:58:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You can't ban a religion. You can prohibit public worship but it's impossible to police what people believe.

And bans on religion don't have a good track record of being effective. The might of the Roman Empire couldn't stamp out Christianity. People have been trying to ban Judaism for centuries with no luck. I don't think we'll be any more successful with Islam, and we don't even have lions to feed the Muslims to.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 10:20:33 AM
cohenite/dynomite..<<There are only 2 types of muslims; active and non-active>>

yes evena muslimmust agree
there are those serving jinn..and those serving god

yyes there aree just two..IN EVERY religion..[too]

but sacred/words are [=]..s/words..youuseone yourself

<<>.jihadists;>>

yes thats their name for ou RULING passsion
some feel passion..too learn..of god via god
others reject god..[se humans come oin two types too

<<..all muslims want sharia law..>>

my brother cowen-ite..[iknoow FOR SURE..thee victims..of sharia..dont want nosharia law..THUS ALL..is clearly WRONG*

deliberatly wrong?
that depends IF YOUR of type one..ot type two*

<<and their values to prevail.>>

<<Anyone who thinks otherwise is either a fool or a muslim.>.

iknow..inot a fool
so thus i..*must be a muslim

IF YOUR..*NOT A FOOL
heh..guess what..YOUR A MUSLIM..TOO*

<<..Islam is a blight not a religion...>>

now hang on...there boy-oh..
as a neo muslim..i..think your..in-correct
[forgive me..my..ignorance..of your infidel-tongue*..;)

i..guess the...blight falls upon..you..

you fool
you could have become..*muslim..like us
but heck you wanna be the fool..*thats cool..too
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 10:47:25 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rechtub you are aware we share some views in this area, most Australians do.
We however can not ban the religion.
We could change our migrant intake subject to observations we can all see/make
I am unsure the bloke is dead, face it lies are as common as ak47s in that area.
But, watch the flying shoes, we are going to suffer acts of terrorism quite possibly from the 250 odd who left to take part in wars in the middle east.
Some times to tell of an honestly held view starts some looking for reason to name us racist.
Maybe I am, nearly as much as the *worst* from this divisive group.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 November 2013 1:47:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 67
  9. 68
  10. 69
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy