The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > World Bank Corrupt , Karen Hudes.

World Bank Corrupt , Karen Hudes.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Yep Pericles, I've already done that, but what a hassle acquiring a bit of metal is, compared to the folding stuff. The garden doesn't pay much interest either, but then again, neither does the bank.

A funny story, I think you will enjoy.

When PNG changed from our dollar to the Kina, they wanted to change the Oz stuff to Kina. Someone calculated they would need 3 million kina to replace at equal value, all the money on New Britain. They took one of the government medical service small ships, [a 100 ft. ex WW11 seine trawler], loaded it with 3,000,000 kina in Rabaul, & sent it off to circumnavigate the island changing money.

Calling at all the villages they would sail about a thousand miles.

They had covered just 56 miles when they ran out of money.

The "onetalk" system means everyone must share what ever they have with any one from the same language group, [sort of tribe], who needs it. This had lead to all family heads burying their money to keep it private. The estimate was out by almost $100,000,000 as it turned out.

Those Fussy Wussy had proved to be very careful with their money. I wonder how many Ozzies will prove to have been so smart, when the crunch comes.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 12:27:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz that may have been the haircuts on accounts $250,000 +.Have you any links to these bills ?

I see Jp Morgan Chase have put controls on cash transaction especially money leaving the USA.The word from the Pentagon is to expect big changes in the USA on Nov 7.Obama is pushing for Martial Law. Most of the $16 trillion Govt debt is contrived out of the nothing by the US Fed Even with zero interest it cannot be repaid.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 5:13:49 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yesterday's episode of BBC 4s Analysis programme on Quantitative Easing will yield you heaps of quotes, Arjay.

Downloadable here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/analysis

By the end of it we even get a new economic term - Financial Repression, which benefits the government at the expense of the economy.

Interesting times.
Posted by WmTrevor, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 11:46:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz, "bail-in" is simply the opposite of "bail-out".

If you believe that government should take full responsibility for all your financial transactions, then bail-out is the way to go. If you recognize that there is a level of risk in committing your money to the bank's care, then expect to be involved if they go under.

There is no middle ground. Either you expect the government (i.e. the taxpayer) to rescue every bank that gets itself into trouble, or you don't. Which do you prefer?

And what a complete load of baloney, Arjay. Way up there with your best efforts at obfuscation and misdirection:

>>I see Jp Morgan Chase have put controls on cash transaction especially money leaving the USA.<<

They have done no such thing. All they have done is to reclassify one of their banking products - used by small businesses - as not qualifying for free services. If you want to handle more than $50k per month in cash, or qualify for overseas transfers, simply upgrade to another type of account.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/halahtouryalai/2013/10/17/no-jpm-isnt-banning-international-wire-transfers-no-limits-on-withdrawals-either/

>>The word from the Pentagon is to expect big changes in the USA on Nov 7. Obama is pushing for Martial Law<<

To do what? Put the military in charge of the banks?

>>Most of the $16 trillion Govt debt is contrived out of the nothing by the US Fed Even with zero interest it cannot be repaid<<

No, government debt is funded by treasury bonds and other instruments. They are real. Not "contrived out of nothing".

Here are a couple of links for you to educate yourself, just a little:

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/resources/faq/faq_publicdebt.htm

http://useconomy.about.com/od/monetarypolicy/f/Who-Owns-US-National-Debt.htm

I know you will ignore them, but I just can't help myself.

I sometimes wonder whether you are in touch with the real world at all, or whether you live your life entirely through conspiracy sites...
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 12:05:40 PM
Pericles said;
Bazz, "bail-in" is simply the opposite of "bail-out".

I realise that but millions do not.
When I have mentioned it so others they are horrified.

I can see both sides of the argument.
It is just that depositors are rated just above shareholders.
Bond holders, other banks, trade creditors etc get first dip.

I think that there should have been a publicity campaign so that
people could make a choice on where to put their money having
possession of the full facts. It certainly makes property look to be
a better investment.
Gold bars are a worry in more ways than one.
If everyone buried gold bars in their backyard the sales of metal
detectors would be a bubble.

No, it is the dead quite nature of it that annoys me.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 1:00:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swkq2E8mswI
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 6:44:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy