The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Coles, So who is paying for the discounts.

Coles, So who is paying for the discounts.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Yabby, you know what premium milk is, as discount milk is always home brand.

If the farmers are forced to sell most o ntheir premium at discounted prices, they go out of business.

This is the untold truth about discount milk. It's yet another scam.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 18 February 2013 5:23:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
that is why I wear thongs for quick calculations
sonofgloin,
and here I was thinking you were bedazzled by your boot laces.
Producer is dead-on with his assessment. That's why I am so much in favour of a flat Tax because a flat tax & only a flat tax can ever be considered a level playing field in economics. I believe it will happen in my time but those exploiting the "writing off" system now will never
admit that it actually would be the fairest of systems. It is the "write-off" tax system which allowed those whom Producer so aptly described in ineptocracy who will fight tooth & nail anything that's fair. The present system relies on deceit & only benefits a handful of greed mongers. Everyone pays the same rate, nothing can be more fair ! Same with income Tax bracketing. Ged rid of it ! Earn a Dollar & pay so much % Tax for every other Dollar !
If Business thinks it can't be done, prove it !
Posted by individual, Monday, 18 February 2013 5:47:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*Just saying Yabby that Australia is a bloody expensive place to live, and “that” exploitation goes into the pockets of two, not the many*

I don't think so, Sonofgloin. Australians spend just 10% of their income on food. They get a bargain really. Plenty left to throw billions down the pokies and overpay for Sydney houses. Now if you were Indonesian, you'd spend 44% on food. Profits from Coles and Woolies go to nearly all Australians, as nearly all have super funds and hundreds of thousands of mums and dads own shares direclty. They are called Grey Nomads.

Rehctub. farmers get exactly the same for their milk wether its sold as home brand or fancy label brand. Coles did not drop the amount paid to processors, when it dropped the price of milk. But only a quarter of all milk goes for drinking, a great deal of it is exported as milk powder or cheese. Extra costs, like the carbon tax have affected the dairy industry in particular. Don't blame Coles for that.
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 18 February 2013 9:23:18 PM
Well that's not my understanding Yabby, so I will try to find out more.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 5:16:06 AM
Yabby>> I don't think so, Sonofgloin. Australians spend just 10% of their income on food. They get a bargain really.<<

Yabbt that statement is absolute rubbish. If a pleb brings home $600 in the hand, they spend no more than $60 on food...for a week...rubbish.
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 7:47:31 AM
http://wsm.wsu.edu/researcher/WSMaug11_billions.pdf

There you go, Sonofgloin, some interesting figures on that global comparison table. Perhaps in countries like Australia and America, food is too cheap, so people are too fat.
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 8:30:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy