The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Merry Christmyth from the Atheist Foundation of Australia

Merry Christmyth from the Atheist Foundation of Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 33
  7. 34
  8. 35
  9. Page 36
  10. 37
  11. 38
  12. 39
  13. ...
  14. 72
  15. 73
  16. 74
  17. All
Josephus,

I have no need to reread your earlier posts. Subjective material does not alter by reading it twice.

Atheists do not accept the ‘spirit’ god as existing in any form.

Words from a time when people were ignorant about the laws of nature, most were illiterate and they believed in demons etc. are not reliable evidence for a god who likes playing hidey.

What is known and it is solid evidence, is that cultural/religious indoctrination that is not ubiquitously challenged, produces the delusion of the god idea in adults.

People nowadays with access to information unavailable to the ancients are dropping this god idea in droves and it doesn't look like it is going to stop.

What will happen to them when they die?

Broaden you knowledge base is my suggestion.

The very positive result of this is that countries that have less religion (any religion) have less social dysfunctional than those with more religion. Australia is a good example. Why would anyone in their right mind promote a society to go back to a time when religion had much greater or even full control?

Just for your interest, the more the very simplistic religious arguments are put forward by the faithful, the more I have the opportunity to show others how they don’t hold water. Thanks for the opportunity.

David
Posted by Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc, Tuesday, 25 December 2012 11:09:11 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
worldwatcher,

<<No, I didn't even bother to open it. Just immediately deleted it.
Didn't inform the editor either. Treated it the same as any other unwanted e-mail - straight to the trash bin.

However, it does bother me that this could happen, as I believed that my e-mail address was not available to anyone unless I handed it out.
I stay away from Facebook and Twitter for that very reason.>>

That's disappointing that you have deleted it as it discards the evidence of content and the origin of the email. This means no further investigation can be made of the email.

Don't you realise that no email address is secure. That's why I don't send confidential details by email. There are email harvesters who supply our email addresses to marketing organisations, etc.
Posted by OzSpen, Tuesday, 25 December 2012 7:09:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
QZSPEN gday and welcome.
Rest easy, world watcher at best has made a mistake no such action is likely to have taken place.
I have posted here from 2005, our Host WOULD NEVER intrude on our privacy.
I think, having pointed out this, and coped a bit from world watcher, he/she should with draw the claim.
IF WE mark the box, saying send me an E MAIL if some one replies, then automatically every new post in a thread gets an e mail.
It clearly says a new post has been posted in the thread, you name.
I value truth too, and balenced COMMENT FOR OR AGAINST MY THOUGHTS EQUALLY.
And know without doubt this site is not using our e mails or address.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 25 December 2012 7:21:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
world watcher come down from your ivory tower.
Tell us the truth!
You made a mistake and do not have the INTESTINAL FORTITUDE TO ADMIT IT!
I am much more than reluctant to enter conversation with you, and just a few others.
But unless you man up! UNDERSTAND JUST HOW SEROUS YOUR CLAIM, WRONGLY MADE IS be forever lessor for it.
I will avoid you forever but if you hunt me around the site be prepared to be served back the JUNK you serve me.
YOUR CLAIM IS UNSUSTAINABLE!
As a mistake totally forgivable, you must say if it was that or a false statement.
What ever the out come do me the favor of not trying further conversation.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 25 December 2012 7:37:34 PM
David,

<<I am very happy with my life and live it similarly to most reasonable people in the community.
Let us assume for a moment that Jesus is God, he does exist and all the other gods are false.
Why should I follow anything he says?>>

You are not yet ready to follow Jesus or anything he says for these reasons:

You don’t want to know God, your condition before God, and why God needs to change you. You will never want to move from ‘happy with my life’ to new life through Jesus Christ unless you acknowledge and experience some fundamentals:

1. Who is God? He is the absolutely holy (Leviticus 19:2) and righteous/just (Deuteronomy 32:4) God. This last verse confirms that He is without sin/iniquity.

2. This God declares the nature of all human beings including you and me: ‘None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God’ (Romans 3:10-11). This unrighteous nature of all human beings brings consequences, ‘For the wages of sin is death [God’s understanding of death], but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord’ (Romans 6:23). Unless you understand your sinful state before God, you will go on living your ‘very happy’ life according to your current worldview.

(continued in Part 2)
Posted by OzSpen, Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:45:21 PM
David,

(Part 2, continued from Part 1)

3. For those prepared to acknowledge who God is and their true condition before him, God offers a new beginning through confession of sin and trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. ‘For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life’ (John 3:16).

4. How can it happen for you, me and anyone else? Repentance and faith in Jesus Christ for salvation! Repentance means that we have an inner sorrow for sin; we renounce it, and have a commitment to forsake sin and live in obedience to Christ. ‘For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death’ (2 Corinthians 7:10).

5. This leads to new life in Jesus Christ and the amazing experience of knowing that a person’s sins are forgiven or blotted out. ‘Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out’ (Acts 3:19).

My background sounds as though it was very different from yours. I was raised in a home where I went to Sunday School and church, but I was just as much a sinful rebel against God as anyone I could meet on the street. I don’t think, in your present understanding, that you will understand the amazing release that comes when I experienced my sins forgiven by God and receiving new life in Christ.

Even if you had a genuine understanding of Jesus as God, which you do not currently have, that will not enable you to experience the joy of sins forgiven and new life in Jesus (based on what I've written in these 2 posts).
Posted by OzSpen, Tuesday, 25 December 2012 9:47:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 33
  7. 34
  8. 35
  9. Page 36
  10. 37
  11. 38
  12. 39